Why is solid shampoo more sustainable?
Do you want to do your hair well and contribute to the care of the environment at the same time? So, we suggest you choose the solid shampoo, a natural alternative that more and more people prefer over its liquid version, and that has the benefit of being more sustainable.
Among its many benefits, this type of shampoo is sold in a bar and has less packaging than the traditional ones: with just one wrapping of paper -generally recycled-, it contributes to Reduce plastic waste.
It is estimated that almost 13 million metric tons of plastic enter the ocean per year. This is equivalent to a truck full of waste of this material.
Another of its advantages? Are 100% natural If we take the time to read the ingredients that traditional shampoos carry, we will see that they are full of parabens, sulfates and silicones. All of them are harmful to the planet and to our body, since they remove the natural oils from the hair and dry and irritate the scalp, among other things.
Instead, the solid is composed of essential oils and natural ingredients They improve hair growth and resistance. In addition, it is more economical. It lasts three times longer compared to the traditional one, since it is a highly concentrated product: instead, liquid shampoos are made up of 80% water.
How to use it?
There are two ways. One is applying it directly to previously wet hair, while the other is generating the foam in the hands. Then, in both options, you should rub it from the scalp to the ends with gentle massages.
It is important that a good foam is developed so that no shampoo remains in the hair. Finally, rinse with plenty of water.
Although at the beginning you can get to notice a different texture in your hair – heavier or rougher -, with its use the hair fiber will get used and it will have more softness, shine and life than before!
– 500 grams of base soap (you can use oatmeal, coconut or glycerin)
– 1 teaspoon coconut oil or shea butter
– 1 teaspoon castor oil (if you have problems falling or want to promote growth is ideal), or argan (if you have dry or brittle hair)
– 1 teaspoon almond oil
– 30 drops of grapefruit or orange essential oil
– 10 drops of rosemary essential oil
– 1 tablespoon sea salt
1. Melt the base soap in a water bath and add coconut oil or shea butter, castor or argan oil and almond oil.
2. Stir and turn off the heat. Then, pour the drops of essential oils and keep stirring while adding the sea salt.
3. Transfer the mixture to a silicone mold and let it rest for 15 minutes.
4. Place it in the freezer for another 15 minutes
5. Desmold it, let it rest for at least 12 hours and wash your hair!