Tips to remove the grains of the English
The inguinal region and the pubic area, due to its location and anatomical peculiarities, It is very prone to the appearance of rashes and small grains They can be very annoying to cause itching, stinging and even pain. Do you want to know how to remove the grains of English?
It is necessary to know its origin in order to detect a diagnosis and propose a treatment. Also, keep in mind that it is a humid area, with many folds that favor the appearance of infections and irritations. It can even be affected by the rubbing of clothing or by contact with chemical products. Let's see some tips to treat it.
Most common types of grains in English
To know how to remove the grains of English we must be able to identify them by direct observation and know if it is a pimple, a cyst, a blister or a wart.
- Grain: bulge of red color, which is produced by infection and inflammation in the excretory duct of a sebaceous gland of the skin.
- Blister: bag that appears on the skin filled with serous fluid, caused by friction, burns or as a consequence of other skin diseases.
- Wart: Small prominence that protrudes through the epidermis due to dilatation of vascular endings and subsequent hardening of the epidermis.
- Cyst: small lump formed by white or yellow keratinized fat (cell of the epidermis that loses moisture hardens). They are commonly known as fatty cysts or sebaceous cysts. When they are large they can be seen with the naked eye or through a magnifying glass or through palpation.
They are the most frequent, together with contact dermatitis that are caused by chemical products or the composition of garment fabrics. In this article we are going to give you some interesting tips to remove the grains of English which are the most usual.
It is important to know how to differentiate the types of grains in the English to proceed to choose the best treatment.
Causes of pimples appearing in the groins
The causes are very varied and impossible to condense in this article. However, we will list the most frequent ones.
Hair removal or shaving
It appears in people, both men and women, who have sensitive skin. Both hair removal and shaving irritate the hair follicles, causing changes in its structure that, finally, are manifested in the appearance of grains.
The remains of the substances used for hair removal and shaving, once removed, cut or pulled the hair, penetrate the follicle and cause this reaction on the delicate skin of the area.
In general they disappear in a few days. Occasionally shaved or shaved hair grows into the follicle and produce more irritation and inflammation (folliculitis), which can also become infected.
Read also: 10 tips to avoid irritations after genital hair removal
Excessive secretion of the glands
The sebaceous glands produce fatty substances to lubricate the area. If their production is excessive, they obstruct the exit channels, which causes redness and swelling of the gland.
They infiltrate the hair follicle and, due to its growth, they produce small whitish bags. They are very contagious and sometimes severe when the immune system does not work properly.
The proliferation of bacteria in the groin area can be the reason for the appearance of grains. It is important to diagnose it, since it can end in an infection.
The friction with the intimate garments, or the use of very tight clothes, can cause the appearance of grains in the groin. Further, it is favored by the temperature that increases sweating and humidity in the area, stimulating the growth of colonies of bacteria and fungi.
Sexually transmitted diseases
Some sexually transmitted diseases cause the appearance of pimples in the groin. The most obvious and striking is the chancre, which produces a large and purulent grain in the groin, that can drain to the outside and spread the infection.
There are multiple causes such as Bartolina gland cysts, genital warts and herpes, which will be treated in other articles.
Then, we are going to offer you advice to remove the grains of the English and avoid, as far as possible, reappearing.
You may be interested: Genital warts: why they appear and how to treat them
Preventive measures to remove the grains of the English
The following measures are aimed at preventing the appearance of grains of English and reduce their discomfort and consequences. Put them into practice!
Recommended to remove grains in the groin
- Balanced and low fat diet: that helps to reduce the deposit of sebum in the epidermal glands.
- Right hydration: It is important to drink water in sufficient quantities so that the secretions of the glands are less thick and facilitate their exit through the pore of the skin.
- Skin cleansing with moderation: its excess can be even more harmful than the lack of hygiene. The use of inappropriate products alters the normal bacterial flora and facilitates the colonization of pathogens, which can lead to the appearance of grains in the groin and other more serious complications.
- Keep the area as dry as possible: to prevent the proliferation of bacteria and fungi. Thorough drying after shower or bath.
- Use natural clothing and loose clothing.
- Manage stress and anxiety: since they are recognized as causes of appearance of skin alternations anywhere in the body.
- Use sterilized materials and devices for hair removal and new blades for shaving.
- Apply exfoliating creams: to eliminate dead cells and excess fat, and avoid obstruction and inflammation of the sebaceous glands.
- Use topical antibiotics before and after depilation and shaving.
- Use cloths or hot water compresses: since they favor the opening of the pores and the exit of the retained substances that produce inflammation, redness and pain.
To avoid the appearance of pimples or problems such as folliculitis, it is essential to use fully sterilized razor blades. In addition, other care must be taken into account.
What should you avoid so that no grains appear in the English?
- Use alkaline and abrasive soaps, since they dry out the skin and favor the appearance of grains in the groin.
- Manipulate the grains of the groins, as they can become infected and complicate their healing.
- Creams and excessively fatty substances, because they produce the obstruction and inflammation of the sebaceous glands.
- Alcohol-based products that dry the skin and modify the bacterial flora.
- Tight clothing and excess heat in the area, since it increases the sweating and therefore the humidity, being able to be a factor that helps the appearance of grains in the groin.
- Be exposed to stress and anxiety that predispose the appearance of grains in the groin.
- Injuries from friction on the skin, either in sport by friction of the inguinal folds, against intimate clothing or when practicing sex. The friction produces reheating of the epidermis, heat and humidity maceration, and it can even produce open lesions in the epidermis, In addition to blisters and pimples.
- Occlusive bandages that hinder blood circulation and cause friction against the skin.
- The contact with bacteria in jacuzzis and swimming pools with an inadequate pH treatment.
- Cosmetic products containing copper, nickel, alcohol and other irritating substances.
These tips to remove the grains of English are usually very effective; However, if despite following them there is no improvement, we must go to a specialist to make a correct diagnosis and prescribe the most appropriate treatment.