The Best Foods to Fight Inflammation, According to a Nutrition Expert
The vast majority of people believe that the obesity, is the result of a high fat diet and the total absence of sport, but we are wrong. This disease is also related to Chronic inflamation, which involves an increase in fat cells that, in turn, generate chronic inflammation of adipose tissue that ends up leading to other problems such as hypertension, triglycerides and high cholesterol. The lipoinflammation It is the internal cause of the chronification of obesity and it has been shown that it can be effectively combated through the intake of certain foods (and obviously avoiding others).
We’ve talked about this with nutritionist, dietician and no-diet culture advocate, Martha Romero: «excess fat is the result of various factors (psychological, environmental, genetic, circumstantial, socioeconomic, cultural…) and not just eating a lot and moving little. Many studies support that a situation inflammatory (stress, complicated emotional stages…) maintained over time can lead to obesity, just as obesity can lead to an inflammatory state». And how to end lipoinflammation? Including certain foods in our diet, and these are the ones that Romero recommends:
1. Turmeric: This food contains curcumin and to activate it you must mix it with pepper or oil. How to take it: You can season your dishes with it or make yourself a drink that should come with it: almond or coconut vegetable drink, a teaspoon of turmeric powder, a pinch of pepper and a teaspoon of virgin coconut oil.
2. Ginger: You can dress your dishes with this powdered root or make infusions with its root. Cut the root into slices and store in the freezer with skin. For 500 ml, add water and let it boil, add 2 or 3 slices of peeled ginger and let it infuse.
3. Red fruits: They contain resveratrol and anthocyanins (blueberries, currants, blackberries) that help reduce inflammation. Try to add at least 200 grams to a smoothie or toast.
4. Capers: Its quercetin content has an anti-inflammatory effect. Add them to your salads, for an afternoon snack or as a snack.
5. Green Tea: It contains catechins, natural antioxidants that help prevent cell damage and provide many anti-inflammatory benefits.
6. Walnuts: Helps calm inflammation due to its omega 3 content.
7.Kale: It has a great satiating power and also helps reduce bad cholesterol.
8. Broccoli: it also lowers bad cholesterol and has a great antioxidant effect.
9. Green Asparagus: They contain FOS (fructooligosaccharides) that have a prebiotic action (good for your intestinal flora) and are also diuretics, which is a point in favor to help us in this situation.
10. Extra virgin olive oil: a compound in the oil called oleocanthal, has an enormous anti-inflammatory capacity.
Marta Romero also reminds us that for the Loss of fat«the ideal would be to be able to establish a dietary pattern anti-inflammatory and, later, a pattern focused on building good healthy habits that are permanent over time. Do not forget that constantly gaining and losing weight (a consequence of being diet always), it also leads to an inflamed immune system, something we should avoid.”