Remedies for otitis with natural ingredients
Otitis or inflammation of the ear is a condition that is caused by an infection. Depending on the affected area, otitis can be external, medium, media with effusion, and acute or chronic infection. However, its most common form is otitis media, when the area behind the eardrum becomes inflamed. Do you know the remedies for otitis?
Although the treatment of this condition varies according to the severity of the infection, There are some natural ingredients that can help speed up your recovery process when symptoms are mild. In the next space we share some options for you to try at home.
4 remedies for otitis with natural ingredients
Otitis can cause uncomfortable symptoms such as earache (otalgia), moderate fever, tinnitus and irritability. Occasionally, it is also accompanied by dizziness, secretions and decreased hearing. Most of the time, These discomforts diminish in a few days and do not cause major complications.
However, if its origin is a serious infection, it can lead to hearing loss or rupture of the eardrum, among other serious consequences. Therefore, it is advisable to consult the doctor first to determine the cause of the problem. If it is something mild, it can be improved with some natural remedies. Write them down!
1. Olive oil
To date there is no solid scientific evidence to support the use of olive oil as a remedy for otitis. Despite this, Some anecdotal data suggests that it may be effective. In fact, according to the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP), applying a few drops of olive oil to the ear is safe.
How to use?
- Heat a little olive oil at a temperature that is bearable for the skin.
- Then, apply 3 drops to the affected ear.
- Tilt your head and let it act for a few minutes. Then, drain the waste.
- If the symptoms persist, repeat the remedy the next day.
2. Apple cider vinegar
Apple cider vinegar It has been used since ancient times as a remedy for otitis and other ear infections. However, as in the previous case, there is no evidence to support these effects. What some studies do suggest is that it is effective against bacteria, viruses and fungi.
How to use?
- To start, combine equal parts of apple cider vinegar with warm water.
- Then, tilt the head and apply 5 drops in each affected ear, using a dropper or syringe.
- Cover the ear with a cotton ball and let it act for 5 minutes.
- Then, drain waste (if any).
- Repeat the procedure daily until the infection is controlled.
3. Basil oil
For its antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties, basil oil It can be one of the best remedies for otitis. Its application reduces irritation in the ear canal and helps stop the growth of pathogenic microorganisms.
How to use?
- Dilute a couple drops of basil oil in a tablespoon of warm water.
- Then, put the mixture in a dropper and apply 3 or 5 drops in the affected ear.
- Leave it for 5 minutes, tilting your head.
- Repeat its use every day until the discomfort stops.
The external use of ginger oil can be useful to control the symptoms of otitis. Due to its mild analgesic and anti-inflammatory effect, it reduces pain and reduces ear irritation. It even calms discomfort associated with otitis, such as headache and irritability.
How to use?
- Add 2 or 3 drops of ginger oil in a tablespoon warm water or a carrier oil such as olive oil.
- After making the mixture, apply it around the ear canal and massage.
- Avoid putting the product directly on the ear.
In summary, on the remedies for otitis …
Otitis and other ear infections improve thanks to the application of antibiotics prescribed by the doctor. But nevertheless, At this time, they cause uncomfortable symptoms such as pain, swelling and whistling. For the above, it is convenient to complement the care with some remedies for otitis.
Now, if the symptoms do not improve, get worse or get longer, it is best to consult the doctor to determine what is the best treatment. Do not ignore that this ailment can be the symptom of other conditions.