Peach flan recipe: step by step
Does anyone want to finish a meal with a sweet, but light dessert? Then it is necessary to target this peach flan, as it will become one of the best options. Both for special days and for a snack or a delicious breakfast, here is the answer.
A sweet easy to prepare and with a delicious result
Flan is one of the oldest and most traditional desserts known. The Greeks considered eggs as a therapeutic food and mixed it with milk to make a kind of custard flavored with pepper.
During the Middle Ages it became a common dessert of the Lenten season and from Europe it spread to America. Until today, when there are multiple varieties with different flavors and added ingredients.
One of them is the presence of fruits among its components. With this, a light texture and a pleasant natural sweetness are obtained with which it is not necessary to add sugar if it is not desired. One more way to take advantage of the nutritional treasure of fruits.
These two versions of peach flan can be made at home without any problems. With few ingredients and a little time to cook, you get a very tasty result. In addition, one of them is suitable for vegans and without the need to use the oven.
Ingredients needed to cook a peach flan in the oven
- 280 grams of peach.
- 375 milliliters of condensed milk.
- 200 milliliters of milk.
- 3 eggs.
- 100 grams of sugar.
- 1 tablespoon of water.
- The juice of half a lemon.
Step by Step
- To start the recipe you have to put the sugar in a non-stick pan with the water and lemon juice. This is used to prepare the caramel. You can also buy elaborate, but doing it has no difficulty.
- Leave a few minutes while it acquires color and consistency. When it is on point, pour into the bottom of the mold or individual molds.
- Then prepare the fruit. Wash, peel and mash the peaches.
- Put the fruit puree on top of the caramel in the molds. Reserve 2 tablespoons for the rest of the preparation.
- As a last step, cook the flan itself. Beat the eggs well and when they are ready add the milk and condensed milk. Mix these 3 ingredients well and then add the reserved peach.
- Fill the mold with the liquid and cook in a bain-marie in the oven at 180 degrees Celsius. About 30 minutes is enough.
- Once cold, unmold and serve with a little whipped cream or chopped fresh fruit.
If it is not the season for fresh peaches or they are not on hand, they can be substituted for peaches in syrup. The result is the same with the added sweetness of the sugar that the latter contain.
Prepare more recipes: Crumble peach
Vegan-friendly peach flan
Another variant of the same dessert that is suitable for vegans and does not need an oven to cook it is the next. Follow the list of ingredients and the step by step that we bring you below.
For the flan you need the following:
- 3 peaches.
- 250 milliliters of unsweetened almond drink.
- 3 dates.
- 1 tablespoon of ground almonds.
- 2 tablespoons of cornstarch.
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon.
To decorate the dessert:
- Peach or other fruit jam. You can use a store bought or some homemade version.
- Almond in granite.
- Agave syrup.
- Cinnamon powder.
- Fresh mint leaves.
How to make it
- First, wash, peel and slice the peaches. A vegetable peeler can be used to waste less fruit. Chop the dates and remove the pit.
- Put 200 milliliters of almond drink to heat in a saucepan and reserve the other 50. Add the peach and dates and cook until they have a soft texture.
- Then blend well with a mixer or food processor. Then add the ground almonds and ground cinnamon, integrate all the elements and leave on the fire at a low level.
- Mix the cornstarch with the remaining almond drink. Once dissolved, pour into the saucepan with the rest of the preparation and stir without stopping. Let it cook until the texture is thick.
- At this time fill the individual flan molds. Cupcakes or muffins are also valid. muffins. Let it temper, cover with paper film and put in the fridge. Keep them cold for a whole day.
- At the moment of serving, remove the flan carefully. It can be garnished with a little jam or agave syrup on top to replace the caramel.
Read more: The peach, the fruit of eternal youth
Final recommendations to enjoy the best peach flan
One of the strengths of this dessert is that it is made with fresh and healthy ingredients (like eggs and milk) and little sugar. In addition, it is accompanied by the presence of fruit that gives it just the right sweetness.
Therefore, it is a good option to replace commercial puddings if we are heavy consumers of them. In this case, it may be preferable to avoid caramel.
The peach is one of the summer fruits par excellence, but it is also on the market from spring. During the rest of the year it is possible to prepare the flan with the fruit in syrup or substitute it with other options, such as pineapple, apple or orange.
Like all fruits, it stands out for its contribution of water and sugars naturally present in food. This is why it is light. Despite not being one of the most indicated in terms of nutrients, it also contains fiber, vitamin A, carotenes, potassium, magnesium and selenium.
The tastiest pieces are the ripest and softest. However, they are also very delicate and spoil quickly. It is preferable to choose those that have smooth skin, without bruises or bumps and a little tender (but not very soft).
Once the flan is prepared, it keeps well in the refrigerator for about 4 days without spoiling. It is necessary to wait for it to cool to unmold, otherwise it could be disassembled.
Anyway, for all those who love this typical sweet, they just have to get down to work and enjoy a very easy to make peach flan.
Depending on the preparation and presentation, fruit desserts can be an ideal option for various occasions. They are certainly very versatile. Read more "