If you like crafts and decorating ideas to make yourself at home for sure you've already heard about aromatic gel candles. Although they have a wick, They are different from the conventional ones because of the material that is used, a gel that offers many possibilities.
These types of candles allow you to personalize them completely. You can use different containers and elements to create unique decorative objects and even very special gifts for your loved ones. Discover aromatic gel candles!
How are scented gel candles made?
Aromatic gel candles are ideal for any stay in your home. Not only dissipate a pleasant aroma, but serve to decorate.
What do we need?
To begin with, these are the materials we will need for our candles:
- Glass containers (the glass should be a little thick to keep the heat and not to make bubbles)
- Wicks for gel candles
- Gel wax
- Essential oils
We will also need a pot or pan to heat and melt the wax in gel.
How do we do them?
Below we detail the process of elaboration step by step:
- To begin, we must stick the end of the wick in the base of the container. Some wicks already have a tongue to facilitate this step. However, it is essential to ensure that no glue is used that could be flammable.
- Next, we should chop the wax in gel and put it to heat in a pot until it melts. The temperature to get this gel to melt is 200 ° C.
- At this time we can add the dyes and essential oils to our taste, and then mix well.
- Then we can proceed to fill the containers with this liquid gel and the ornaments that we want. We must be very careful in this step so as not to burn ourselves.
- Finally, let cool and we will have ready our scented gel candles.
Original ideas for your aromatic gel candles
The right aroma
The best thing about making your own gel candles is that you can choose the aroma that you like the most.
For starters, not all gel candles are aromatic. An essence is the perfect final touch for this original craft. It's lto get these decorative elements also aromatize the atmosphere of a room.
For this we recommend using pure essential oils instead of synthetic essences. Some of the most popular are the following:
- Citrus: They help to improve the mood.
- Lavender: It has soothing properties.
- Mint: Refreshes and cleans the environment.
- Eucalyptus: It promotes respiratory function.
- Cinnamon: It is an aphrodisiac and stimulant.
Read also Perfume yourself with essential oils and discover all its benefits
And with what do we decorate them?
Here we have a lot of potential with our gel candles, since they create an effect as if it were a liquid. Therefore, we can imitate different landscapes or scenes. Do not hesitate to use sand, stones, figures, bright, marine elements, etc.
We can even recover objects with emotional value for us or small childhood toys to make a beautiful souvenir in the shape of a gel candle. The dyes and the essences will allow you to create a unique sensory experience.
Read also 6 quick tips for interior decoration
The most original containers for your aromatic gel candles
Choosing different containers to make these aromatic candles will allow you to add a plus of decoration in your home.
At this point you can let your imagination fly to achieve different and original aromatic gel candles. In addition, it is about making the most of containers that you already have at home and that you can recycle, such as glasses, mugs, beer mugs or jars of glass yogurt.
But the possibilities are endless. Why not make a big gel candle with a fish tank that you no longer use? A vase, a vase, a pot, those glasses of champagne that you no longer use or a few glasses of liquor They're just keeping dust. Seek and you shall find!
Now you have many ideas as a starting point to start making your scented gel candles. Further, invites other members of the family to create this craft. Surely the little ones will be happy to participate.
These candles are also a personalized and unique gift for special occasions, such as baptisms, communions or weddings. Both to give to the guests and to complete a gift to the honorees. Take advantage of this idea to create an object that no one will forget.