HomeHealthNatural solutions for the problem of poor digestion
Natural solutions for the problem of poor digestion
March 13, 2020
People with dyspepsia often experience discomfort in the upper abdomen, burning, bloating, gas, nausea, and the feeling of filling up too quickly once they start eating. The discomfort can last more or less time, but in any case, it takes a lot of energy.
Dyspepsia is a very common discomfort in the population, which can be treated from food. Here we tell you how to do it.
WHAT DISEASES PRODUCE BAD DIGESTION?
The most common conditions that can produce these types of symptoms are:
– Gastritis: inflammation of the mucous membranes of the stomach and sometimes the first portion of the intestine.
– Gastroesophageal reflux: the return of the stomach contents to the esophagus that occurs spontaneously and without nausea.
– Irritable colon: functional alteration of the intestine, highly prevalent in the population.
– Gallbladder calculations
HOW TO RELIEVE DYSPEPSIA WITH PHYTOTHERAPY?
Many plants are known to perform digestive functions and can help alleviate heaviness and abdominal pain. Let's see what they are and how to consume them:
– ginger: It has a flavor between spicy and lemony, and countless health benefits. If digestive relief is desired, an infusion can be prepared with 3 grams of ginger powder or 10 grams of the fresh root. It should be placed in a liter of boiling water and then drink that same water, sweetened with stevia or a little honey.
– Cinnamon: It has astringent properties, so it can be useful in cases of diarrhea. It is also carminative (relieves gas production) and antacid. An infusion can be made by adding some cinnamon sticks to the ceylon tea, which are boiled in water until the tea is obtained.
– cumin: This plant originating in the Middle East is widely used as a condiment in numerous preparations, giving them a special flavor. It helps to decrease the production of gases in the intestine and is used in an auxiliary way for stomach and intestinal ailments. It can be used as a species or add its seeds in salads, meats or homemade bread.
– Boldo: Boldo tea is one of the most traditionally used methods for the relief of bad digestion. Its secret is in the boldina, which is extracted from its leaves and is the basis of the healing properties of this plant.
It is suggested to take an infusion of boldo after each meal, replacing other types of tea or coffee. If there are gallstones or cholecystitis, 15 g of boldo leaves can be boiled in one liter of water, then strain and sweeten with a little honey.
Although they help, it is not enough to take advantage of the healing properties of plants. To alleviate dyspepsia, the use of condensed milk, very mature or fermented cheeses, chocolate milk, iced or chocolate cookies, flatulent vegetables (such as cauliflower or cabbage), fruits in syrup, coffee, drinks should also be avoided or moderated. with guarana, carbonated drinks, alcoholic beverages, etc.