Having your face burned by the sun It is a very common problem as soon as it starts to make a little more sun. This condition usually appears within a few hours after the excess of the explosion to ultraviolet light from the sun or artificial sources such as solar lamps.
The intense and repeated solar exposure caused by having the face burned by the sun increases the risk of suffering skin damage and suffering from certain diseases. These include:
- Dry or wrinkled skin
- Dark and rough spots.
- Skin cancer.
To treat the face burned by the sun You can use natural remedies like the ones that we will explain throughout this article. However, there is no better treatment than good prevention. So the ideal is to protect the skin with sunscreen if you are going to be exposed to intense solar radiation.
Further, you must protect the skin on both sunny days and in cold or cloudy days, since the UV rays arrive the same, not with such intensity, but they continue to penetrate the organism.
Effects of the sun on the appearance of skin cancer
The skin uses sunlight to help make vitamin D. This vitamin is important for the formation of bones. But sometimes, ultraviolet rays can be harmful.
UV rays penetrate the outer layers of the skin and pass to the deeper layers, where they can damage or kill skin cells. People who have little melanin and burn very easily should protect themselves even more. In addition, they should limit the total exposure time and limit the exposure time between 10 a.m. and the 17 p.m.
Frequent exposure to ultraviolet rays for several years is the main cause of skin cancer. Therefore, it is important to check and detect suspicious spots or changes in an existing skin lesion. Timely detection and treatment are essential to increase the survival rates of skin cancer.
Read also: Sun and skin cancer, what is the relationship?
Natural remedies to treat the face burnt by the sun
1. Watermelon and melon
Watermelon and melon are moisturizing fruits that can cool the skin before a burn.
If the damage is already done, and unfortunately you have your face burned by the sun, there is a natural remedy in two fruits that people do not usually know: watermelon and melon. In the case of watermelon, The shell is used to relieve the pain of burns, as it has a high moisturizing effect.
- In this way, first wash the burn with cold water and then gently apply the peel of a slice of watermelon on the affected area.
- This effect increases if the skin of the watermelon still has a little pulp. Then, let it rest for about 15 minutes, and wash the area again with cold water.
On the other hand, in the case of the melon, what is really useful is the pulp. Thus, To treat the face burnt by the sun you must extract all the nuggets from the inside of the fruit. Once cleaned of pips, remove all the pulp and create a kind of doughy paste.
- With a gauze, spread the pulp through the burned area and leave it in contact for about 10 minutes. Then, remove it and wash your face with cold water.
2. Natural aloe vera gel to treat the face burned by the sun
The crystal that contains the aloe vera plant is full of water and essential nutrients They stimulate cell repair to restore skin affected by the sun. Its properties combat dryness and soothe irritation caused by burns.
- What you should do is cut a leaf of this plant and extract the gel it contains inside. Then, clean the affected area and apply a generous amount of the product.
- Wait until it dries and remove any excesses with a damp cloth. In the case where the burn is recent, apply this gel two or three times a day.
Discover: Burns in children: how to act
3. Chamomile tea
The infusion of chamomile is a natural tonic that helps regenerate the skin against aggressions caused by the UV rays of the sun.
Chamomile It has a multitude of soothing and anti-inflammatory medicinal properties. Both properties are ideal for treating the face burned by the sun and the itch that these injuries produce.
- To do this, prepare an infusion and let it cool. Use a cloth or towel to Wet it from the infusion and apply it on the affected area.
Although there are many natural remedies to treat the face burned by the sun, not only these 3 that we mentioned, it is essential to prevent this from happening. Sunburns and ultraviolet rays is the main risk factor for skin cancer, so there are no excuses for not protecting us from him.