How to prepare artichokes stuffed with rice
Artichokes stuffed with rice can be a perfect dinner. Take advantage of the season of artichokes to dazzle your entire family with its exquisite flavor. The combination between the artichoke and the rice is simply delicious. Do you dare to try them?
Artichokes stuffed with rice
The artichoke is the edible floral head of the plant of the same name. It develops best in temperate climates and we We have the pleasure of tasting it from September to May approximately.
As always, we remind you that take advantage to consume vegetables and fruits in season. Not only are they much tastier and more nutritious because they come on sale well ripened, instead of maturing in boxes, but they are also much cheaper!
Nutritional value of artichokes
At the nutritional level, the artichokes are mainly composed of water (This makes them an ideal food for the hot seasons since it hydrates us without realizing it) and carbohydrates, being mostly fiber and inulin.
As for minerals, phosphorus and potassium predominate. In fact, a serving of artichokes (300 grams) contributes 20% of the recommended daily intake of phosphorus, an essential mineral for the maintenance of teeth and bones.
On the other hand, it is a vegetable highly recommended in diets to lose weight, since their caloric intake is very low: around 44 kcal per 100 g.
Nutritional value of rice
The other main ingredient of this recipe is rice, a cereal rich in starch. It is worth mentioning that depending on the amylose and amylopectin (the components of starch), we are talking about a more or less viscous rice. If we refer to your nutritional contribution, It stands out as a source of vitamin B3 (niacin) and vitamin B6.
We recommend opting for whole varieties, because they keep the fiber, minerals and vitamins that are lost during the process of refining and polishing the rice. Let's find out below the easy recipe for preparing artichokes stuffed with rice. To enjoy!
Artichoke recipe with rice step by step
Based on the nutritional analysis that we have presented, you can deduce that this dish is nutritionally interesting. In addition to artichokes and rice, We will use onions, peas and a series of condiments to give the dish a unique flavor. Of course, you can incorporate all the vegetables you want.
- 8 medium-sized artichokes
- 150 g of brown rice
- 1 large onion
- 100 g of peas
- 5 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of allspice
- fresh mint (to taste)
- 2 teaspoons of salt
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- 2 lemons
- water (amount needed)
- Peel and cut the onion in small cubes.
- Heat the olive oil in a pan and add the chopped onion. Redo it until it begins to clear.
- Incorporates rice and salt. Remove to prevent the rice from burning. Cook it like that for about two minutes.
- Chop the fresh mint and add all the spices to the pan, as well as the peas.
- Pour some water (400 ml approximately) and stir for about 4 minutes. Turn off the fire and reserve.
- Cut the stems of the artichokes and the upper part of them. The idea is to fill them, so you must calculate the necessary site to incorporate the rice.
- Remove the center of the artichokes, chop it and incorporate it into the rice mixture.
- Cut a lemon and rub with it the center and the edges of the leaves of each artichoke.
- Remove the water from the rice mixture but do not use the cans. Reserve it.
- Fill each artichoke with the rice and place them in a large pot.
- Cut the last lemon into slices, so that you have one for each artichoke. Place one of these slices on each artichoke.
- Sprinkle with extra virgin olive oil, Sprinkle with sugar and a pinch of salt.
- Pour the cooking water of the rice that you had reserved until covering three or four fingers of the artichokes and simmer for 40 to 50 minutes.
What do you think about this recipe of artichokes stuffed with rice? Preparing them is very easy, although you need a little patience because the cooking time is long. However, we assure you that the result is worth it. Do not stop trying!