How to prepare a lentil and avocado tartare
The lentil and avocado tartare is an ideal recipe for those who want to take a vegan or vegetarian diet. In fact, It is perfect for diets whose goal is to lose weight. Since it is low in calories and very satisfying, it helps to take care of the figure.
Why is it so special? Well, basically because its main ingredients are full of very beneficial nutrients. In general, This dish is an important source of dietary fiber, healthy fats, proteins and vitamins and minerals. Go ahead and try it!
Lentil and avocado tartare, a recipe for the whole family
The preparation of this lentil and avocado tartare is a good option for those who are trying to reduce their consumption of meat or animal foods. The ingredients that it combines are 100% vegetable and They contain important nutrients such as B vitamins, proteins, folic acid and fiber.
The most interesting is that it is liked by the whole family, since its flavor is delicious and can be accompanied with other foods, both at lunch and dinner. Further, To prepare it does not suppose too much effort, because it is enough to follow some simple steps.
Nutritional properties of lentils
Lentils stand out as one of the healthiest legumes. They are an important source of complex carbohydrates,
Before going into detail about the preparation of this lentil and avocado tartare, Let's review in detail some of the main nutritional properties of lentils. As you may have heard, it is one of the most nutritious vegetables you can find. Each 100 grams provides:
- 116 calories.
- Total fat 0.4 g
- Sodium: 2 mg
- Potassium: 369 mg
- Carbohydrates: 20 g
- Vitamin A: 8 IU
- Vitamin C: 1.5 mg
- Calcium: 19 mg
- Vitamin B6: 0.2 mg
- Magnesium 36 mg
- Iron 3.3 mg
Discover: 3 preparations with lentils to enjoy as a family
Nutritional properties of avocado
Avocado is an important source of fatty acids, proteins and vitamins and minerals. We can include it in a host of recipes.
Undoubtedly, avocado is one of the best ingredients that we can add in vegan and vegetarian recipes. Although perhaps many overlook it, It is a vegetable food that provides important amounts of proteins, healthy fats and minerals. In detail, each 100 grams of this fruit contains:
- 160 calories
- Total fats: 15 g (Saturated fatty acids 2.1 g, polyunsaturated 1.8 g and monounsaturated 10 g)
- Sodium: 7 mg
- Potassium: 485 mg
- Carbohydrates: 9 g
- Proteins: 2g
- Vitamin A: 146 IU
- Vitamin C: 10 mg
- Calcium: 12 mg
- Iron: 0.6 mg
- Magnesium 29 mg
- Vitamin B6: 0.3 mg
Recipe to prepare a lentil and avocado tartar
Are you ready to delight your whole family with this lentil and avocado tartare? If you are convinced of all its benefits, do not stop following the steps for its preparation. We offer you ingredients for two people, but you can increase the quantities according to what you need.
- 1/2 cup raw lentils (100 g)
- 1 large and ripe avocado
- Lemon juice (a few drops)
- 1 medium tomato
- Kombu seaweed (about 5 cm)
- Canon sprouts
- Pumpkin seeds (to taste)
- Salt and pepper to taste)
- Extra virgin olive oil (what is necessary)
Read also: Learn how to make delicious lentils with vegetables
- First, put the lentils to boil – according to the indications of the package – with the Kombu seaweed (which will help you to prevent gas and swelling).
- Next, peel the tomato and cut it into several small cubes. Then, mix it with the lentils and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Next, cut the avocado into several cubes and add a few drops of lemon, salt and pepper.
- Optionally, apply a few drops of olive oil.
To mount the tartar …
- First, look for a tartare container or a circular container. Then, put on a coat of canons.
- Next, add the avocado and spoon it so that it integrates without being too creamy.
- Add the pumpkin seeds and the lentil mixture with tomato chips.
- Compact again with the spoon and let it cool in the refrigerator for a couple of hours.
- To finish, turn the container over a flat plate and remove it carefully so that it does not deform.
Remember that you can add flavor to the recipe with a vinaigrette or piparra juice. Also, if you prefer, You can accompany it with some slices of crusty bread. Still not trying this recipe? Now that you know how to do it, include it in your regular diet.