Probably in recent times you will have seen in more than one place (public and private) a gel dispenser so you can wash your hands without having to go through the bathroom. East gel is antiseptic and it is used as an alternative to soap and water in case you don't have them nearby, even if it goes ahead that its effectiveness It is not the same.
According 'The New York Times', the sale of gels has now reached a peak of 73% compared to last year, which has led to small follies, as their prices have skyrocketed on platforms such as Amazon, as has happened with the masks , which in some places have come to advertise for 50 or even 90 euros.
So, if we don't want to pay a million for a boat of alcohol (logical), it is best that you manufacture yours. This is how you should do it (and it's not difficult at all).
- A measuring bottle, if it is a liter better.
- Tea tree oil. You can find it even online and its price is around 12 euros, it has antibacterial properties and therefore it is necessary.
- Lavender oil and also of rosehip, lemon or any other that has a pleasant smell.
- Aloe Vera gel, (importantly, it will prevent the hand sanitizer from drying the skin).
How to do it?
It is very simple.
- Put eight tablespoons of the gel aloe vera in a bowl.
- The most important is tea tree oil, so pour 16 drops in the same bowl where you put the aloe vera oil.
- Use a spoon to mix and keep in mind that it should stay a little thick, with a gelatinous consistency, (if you don't like it with that consistency so you can use the essential oils).
- Put the mixture in the dosing bottle because the ideal would be that you could take it wherever you wanted.
Why should you do it?
Not only because, hypothetically, we can run out of jars in our trusted stores, also because we will save on an easy and comfortable way, we can choose the consistency of our gel and, even more important, we will make sure that the gel has natural elements without no toxic chemical element.
Despite this, handwashing is more effective for disease prevention than the disinfectant because the soap removes Some microbes that alcohol-based products do not. "The positive point of gels is that, although they are not the best method to prevent germs, you don't have to look for a sink and running water," says the doctor. William Schaffner in 'Live Science', "that's why they have been so widely adopted, because they are very practical."
The gel is not as effective as soap and water, but it is useful if there is no bath nearby. If you prepare it, it will not have any chemical element
Remember that the disinfectant should be applied to the hands and rub for approximately 20 seconds, until it is dry. As for handwashing, you may be doing it wrong, because first of all you must wet your hands, then lather them for 20 seconds (remember the backs of the hands, under the nails and between the fingers, the large forgotten ones), rinse and dry with a clean towel. And, of course, if you have to sneeze or cough, remember to put your elbow. The most recommended method is to cover your mouth and nose with a handkerchief, which you should then discard immediately after use, but if you do not feel strong to use 'kleenex' continuously, then the best alternative is the elbow.
Anyway, after using hand sanitizerAvoid people who cough and sneeze, but don't get too obsessed. Although stores may temporarily run out of this product, they will probably receive stock again. Although if you want a more natural option without chemical elements, you already know what you have to do.