How to make toothpaste and mouthwash with coconut oil
If you use coconut oil for cooking, you may already be familiar with its beneficial properties. What you may not know is that this vegetable oil has multiple applications for the health and beauty of the body.
One of these uses of coconut oil that are not known so much is the oral health care. Among its properties is the ability to prevent the formation of bacterial plaque and fight bacteria that damage teeth and cause bad breath. In addition, it helps prevent gum disease such as gingivitis and fight tooth decay. It also offers an aesthetic benefit: whiten teeth.
It is important invest in a very good quality coconut oil, if possible pure, cold pressed, extra virgin and organic.
If you use it as a toothpaste and mouthwash, you will achieve Discard fluoride and added chemicals used by commercial products that are harmful to your health and the environment.
In addition, by preparing your products yourself, you reduce unnecessary packaging that you would use if you bought at the supermarket. As well you take care of your economy, since a little coconut oil can last several months.
Prepare YOUR OWN NATURAL TOOTHPASTE
this recipe is very simple. It will only take you 15 minutes.
You will need to:
– 1 glass jar preferably
– 17/2 cup coconut oil
– 2 teaspoons of baking soda
– Optional: 10 to 20 drops of peppermint essential oil
Step by Step:
1. If coconut oil is solid, heat it until it becomes liquid.
2. Mix with the bicarbonate until it has a pasty consistency.
3. Add the drops of essential oil.
4. Store in the closed container.
5. This homemade toothpaste is used in the same way as commercial ones.
DO YOUR OWN NATURAL ORAL RINSE
This technique is called oil pulling and has its origin in traditional Indian medicine, Ayurveda. You should only take a tablespoon of liquid coconut oil and use it to rinse your mouth for 10 to 20 minutes.
– At first, the taste may be somewhat unpleasant, but over time you will get used to it.
– It is advisable to practice the oil pulling in the morning, on an empty stomach, or on an empty stomach.
– Remember that coconut oil solidifies, so you can take it to a water bath before rinsing, or let it melt with the heat of your mouth.
– According to experts, you will begin to see significant changes from the seventh day of rinsing.
Once you discard the oil, you better not do it in the sink. As coconut oil solidifies in the cold, you could end up covering your pipes. Better if you dispose of it in the trash can or in the toilet.
DID YOU KNOW THESE USES OF COCONUT OIL? TELL US IN THE COMMENTS!
Better with Health