HomeHealthHow to make natural deodorant with coconut oil and baking soda
How to make natural deodorant with coconut oil and baking soda
January 10, 2020
Most deodorants that you can find in pharmacies or supermarkets contain harmful chemicals and that have the function of killing the bacteria that cause the bad smell in the armpits. But, in doing so, they also eliminate those “good” bacteria that filter the chemicals that reach your body through the skin and lymphatic system.
An ingredient that you can find if you read the labels of commercial deodorants is aluminum, which is used in fragrances to achieve antiperspirant property. But, if you stop to think: Why would you want to stop sweating?
Perspiration is a process performed by the body to detoxify the body. Doing so prevents diseases, flu and colds and also releases endorphins. Do you remember how good you feel after doing physical activity? Sweat is very important and necessary for well-being integral of body, mind and spirit.
If you are looking for healthy alternatives and actively take care of the environment, you will surely want to use a deodorant that respects the planet, does not generate plastic waste with its containers and, at the same time, avoid bad odors. The good news is that all that is possible.
NATURAL DEODORANT, VEGAN and ZERO WASTE
If you have sensitive skin and commercial deodorant causes itching or irritation, this recipe is special for you. Coconut oil moisturizes your skin and keeps it protected throughout the day. The sodium bicarbonate It is a powerful disinfectant that neutralizes bacteria and Avoid the bad smell. The essential oil you choose acts on the natural odors of your armpits.
You will need to:
– 1 glass or glass container or container that has a lid (you can reuse some!)
– 40 ml of coconut oil
– 2 tablespoons of baking soda
– 10 to 15 drops of some pure essential oil that you like. For example: rosemary, mint, eucalyptus.
Step by Step:
1. Disinfect the container with alcohol and let it dry.
2. In a bowl, mix coconut oil and baking soda. If the oil is solidified you can heat it in a water bath until it returns to its liquid state.
3. Stir the mixture very well and break the possible bubbles that may appear.
4. When the mixture is homogeneous, add the drops of essential oil.
5. Transfer the mixture to the glass container and close it with a lid.
Ready! You already have your natural deodorant with three easy-to-get ingredients.
– Depending on the temperature of where you live, you should store the deodorant in the refrigerator so that it remains solid. Remember that coconut oil stays liquid from 25 degrees.
– To apply it, you just have to take a little of the mixture with your clean fingers and apply it on your armpits. Massage a little so that the skin absorbs it.
AN ESSENTIAL ELEMENT FOR YOUR NATURAL AND SUSTAINABLE PERSONAL CLEANING KIT!