Bread is one of the staple foods that are consumed daily throughout the world. However, there are variations and original recipes to give them a unique and different flavor, like this coconut bread and almonds that we propose today. To prepare it is very easy and, its flavor, unmistakable.
Coconut and almond bread: properties of its ingredients
Before presenting our recipe, we want to give you some information about the main ingredients of this coconut and almond bread. So, in addition to enjoying it for its flavor and texture, You will have more reasons to eat it regularly.
Both almonds and coconut have been noted for their cardiovascular health benefits.
Coconut is a highly nutritious tropical fruit. In fact, although it is quite caloric (the pulp contains around 342 calories per 100 grams), it has multiple benefits. However, we must refer that these benefits are mainly concentrated in their oil and water.
In any case, The coconut stands out for its antioxidant properties and its ability to help regulate blood pressure. On the other hand, it is also rich in fiber, potassium, phosphorus, magnesium, iron and vitamins such as E, C and B.
Properties of almonds
For its part, the almond is a nut, equally rich in health benefits. Indeed, They are highly nutritious and their consumption can contribute to reducing the risk of heart attacks. To make matters worse, they also help lower cholesterol and have a much healthier intestinal flora.
In addition, they strengthen the bones and teeth thanks to their high phosphorus content.
On the other hand, they provide necessary nutrients (tocopherol) for brain and nervous system health. They are also a healthy source of energy, proteins, minerals and vitamins.
We recommend you read: What will happen to your body if you eat 4 almonds a day?
Recipe of coconut bread and almonds
Although at first you think we propose a sweet bread, it is not like that. You may have associated coconut and almond with desserts, but that is not the case. On the contrary, this coconut and almond bread that we propose today is salty. In fact, you'll see in the list of ingredients that does not include sugar or sweetener of any kind.
The coconut and almond bread is a healthy recipe that you can enjoy in your breakfasts and snacks.
- 400 grams of strength flour
- 125 grams of ground almonds
- 15 grams of rolled almonds
- 100 grams of grated coconut
- 315 ml of warm water (hot but do not burn)
- 30 grams of fresh yeast
- 25 ml olive oil
- 7 grams of salt
We recommend you read: The 5 best recipes for protein bread
- First, we must dissolve the wash in warm water. Be careful: the water should not be too hot or the dough will not rise properly. Therefore, make sure that the water does not burn.
- In another bowl or container, mix the flour (preferably sieved) and the ground almonds and salt, that is, the powdered ingredients with the exception of coconut. We mix them all very well.
- Afterwards, we slowly pour the water with the yeast into the previous mixture and knead very well. We have to make sure that all the ingredients are distributed correctly in the dough.
- Then, while continuing to knead, add the olive oil little by little until it is absorbed by the dough.
- Subsequently, we also incorporate the grated coconut, ensuring that it is evenly distributed by the dough.
- Then, let the dough rest in a container covered with transparent paper and at room temperature for about fifteen minutes. You will observe how the mass rises.
- After this time, we can knead again and give the dough the shape of bread.
- Next, we grease a container or mold suitable for the oven and place our coconut bread and almonds in it.
- Subsequently, we toss the rolled almonds on top, along the bread.
- Then, we put it in the oven and cook at 180º for about forty minutes. Attention, we will put it in the cold oven, that is, without preheating.
- Finally, we can enjoy a delicious, quick and simple bread of coconut and almonds.
There is no doubt that it will impregnate your kitchen with an irresistible smell. In addition, this bread, due to its ingredients, has its own characteristic flavor. For that reason, It is ideal to take it alone, or perhaps in slice with some jam of your taste. Also, it is a fantastic idea along with a good coffee.