Would you like to prepare a light dessert without sugar? We share with you a step-by-step recipe for making a light Neapolitan flan without sugar. Do you dare to try it?
The flan is a dessert that is hard to resist. In fact, it tends to please young and old alike. The best? We tell you how can you prepare it without sugar to decrease your caloric intake. You'll see that it's just as delicious as Grandma's classic flan.
Light Neapolitan flan recipe
Neapolitan custard with stevia has fewer calories than the classic one.
Neapolitan flan stands out for its spongyness. Its texture full of air makes the dessert melt in your mouth and invites us to eat more. Preparing it is much simpler than you think. You will see how in a while you have a tasty dessert to surprise the whole family.
In terms of its nutritional properties, the base of the flan is made with milk and egg. In this case, we have opted for skimmed milk, since we want to prepare a dessert low in calories.
It is important to mention that, although skim milk is rich in calcium and iodine, and it preserves the same proportion of lactose and sugars as the whole, but loses vitamins A and D in the process in which the fat is removed. If you want your flan to have these vitamins, use whole milk.
The eggs, on the other hand, have a great nutritional value which highlights its high content of quality proteins and monounsaturated fatty acids. They also provide vitamins A, B (B2, 3, 12 and folates), phosphorus, iodine and selenium.
Finally, we decided to use ricotta instead of condensed milk, and stevia instead of sugar to decrease the calorie intake and turn it into a dessert suitable for diabetics. Of course, if you wish, you can substitute stevia for sugar.
Do not miss: White chocolate mousse and almonds: a creamy dessert without gluten
Ingredients for 10 people
- 2 1/2 cups of skimmed milk
- 1 1/4 Cup of ricotta
- 5 eggs
- 1 tablespoon of stevia powder
- 2 tablespoons of vanilla extract
- Vegetable oil in spray (quantity needed)
Ingredients for caramel
- 50 g of sucralose powder
- 3 tablespoons of water
- Chorrito of lemon juice
Read also: How to prepare a pear cake without sugar?
Preparation of light Neapolitan flan
Try decorating your flan with fruits, delicious and pretty!
- Preheat the oven to 200 ºC.
- Mix the skim milk with the blender together with the cheese and the stevia.
- When you get a homogeneous mixture, add the vanilla extract and beat again. Reservation.
- Prepare the candy. To do this, put a saucepan on low heat and add sucralose. Remove until it changes color (to a blonde tone). Turn off the heat and add the water and lemon juice, stirring constantly.
- Sprinkle the flan or molds with vegetable oil in spray.
- Pour the caramel and then, the Neapolitan flan mixture.
- Cover with aluminum foil and prepare a bain-marie in the oven. Place a tray with water to cover 1/3 of your flanera and place the mold inside.
- Cook for about an hour at 180 ºC. Check that the water is not consumed. If so, add more water.
- Click on the flan and if the toothpick comes out clean, the flan is ready. Allow to cool to unmold without problems.
Ideas for a change
- Can use almond milk instead of skimmed milk. The amounts would be the same.
- Decorate your flan with all kinds of fruits: strawberries, cherries, red fruits … What you like most!
- If you like dulce de leche, try putting a spoonful on your flan!
- Can substitute ricotta for condensed milk, but you will increase the caloric value due to its large amount of sugars.
What do you think about our Neapolitan flan recipe? Do not hesitate to prepare it, we are sure that it will delight adults and children because it is simply delicious!