How to make a creamy pea and bacon soup
To begin, keep in mind that this recipe is not exactly a soup, but neither is it a cream. It is a hybrid between both, very tasty, easy to prepare and loaded with nutrients. Now, we explain you how to make a creamy soup of peas and bacon or bacon.
Benefits of peas
Peas are a legume, such as soybeans or lentils. Legumes, as this type of food is actually called, They are a good source of vegetable protein and complex carbohydrates.
They are also rich in fiber and regulate “bad” cholesterol. They also contain for every 150 g up to 2/3 of the basic needs of vitamins C and K.
The vegetables satisfy us and they help us keep blood glucose under control, which makes them an ideal food for diabetics, people with metabolic problems and also for those who try to lose weight.
Bacon, although of good quality, is a processed meat. The usual consumption of processed meat does not seem to be healthy. Use the bacon freely to prepare this dish, but try to consume little processed meat in your usual diet.
How to prepare a creamy soup of peas and bacon
Recipe for creamy pea soup and bacon
- 4 cups of peas (480 g).
- 1 leek (100 g).
- 1 large onion (200 g).
- 8 spoons of liquid cream (120 ml).
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil (30 ml).
- 1 tablespoon of salt (15 g).
- 1 pinch of ground black pepper (5 g).
- 8 strips of bacon (175 g).
- 2 cups of water (500 ml).
- Start slicing the bacon strips and then place them in a pan to heat over low heat.
- As they cook, they will become more crispy and reduce a bit in size.
- Once crispy, remove them from the pan, drain the excess fat and do not extinguish the fire.
- In the same pan that you used for the bacon, sauté the leeks in pieces and the onion until they get a golden color.
- In a pot with 1/2 liter of water, Season, reduce to medium heat and pour the peas.
- Let them cook for 35 minutes, although if you have an express pot the time is reduced to only 15 minutes.
- After cooking, drain the water, let the peas cool a bit and then puree them to remove traces of skin and make the texture more creamy.
- Put everything back in the pan and pour the tablespoons of liquid cream.
- By last, cook another 5 minutes over low heat. As the time passes, remove from the pan, serve and accompany with bacon on top.