It is proven that sleep less than eight hours a day seriously affects health, not only the next day, but also in the long term. Good rest is also fundamental for relations with our environment.
¿Do you have problems falling asleep? While nerves and stress are the most common cause, sleeplessness may also be associated with some health problems.
(You may also like: Sleeping less than six hours a night can cause this)
I want to go to the bathroom
The body produces less urine at night, so you can sleep for six to eight hours without the urge to go to the bathroom to wake you up. If you get up several times, there are some things you should keep in mind:
– Check the drugs you take. Some may increase the urge to urinate.
– Reduce your fluid intake two or three hours before going to bed. Avoid caffeine and alcohol six hours before sleep, these could increase the urge to urinate.
– Pay attention to if it hurts in the lower abdomen. You can have a urine infection.
80% of patients with chronic pain sleep poorly. Thus, a vicious circle is formed, because if you do not sleep well, sensitivity to pain increases even more.
The pain that most often affects people at bedtime is located on the back. Find a position that releases the pressure on her. If you sleep on your back, put the pillow under your knees. And if you can only sleep on your stomach, place the pillow under your thighs.
Situations like noise, luz or inadequate temperature they interfere in the dream more than they we would like That is why you should check that your room has the ideal characteristics before sleeping.
– Temperature it must be between 17º and 20º, and humidity from 50 to 70%.
– It must be dark. Melatonin (sleep hormone) is reduced if there is light.
– Turn off the TVviewer and the mobile. The electromagnetic fields of these dispositives they affect negatively the production of melatonin.
(You may also be interested in: How to avoid having nightmares at night)
It happens when Stomach acids rise to the esophagus, causing a burning sensation. This symptom gets worse when lying down, which is why it affects sleep.
– Pay attention to the dinners. The last meal of the day should be light and you should consume it at least two hours before going to bed. Avoid fats and spicy.
– Verify how you sleep. Avoid lying on the right side, because it promotes the production of gastric acids inside the stomach. PTo avoid reflux, the ideal is to sleep on your back.
Problems with the thyroid
ANDhis gland It is very important for the organism. When it works more, it increases your nervous state and it does not let you rest. A hormone test will help you know if you have problems with this gland.
Srestless legs syndrome
This disorder have neurological origin and it is known that causes tingling when it is Resting, mainly in the legs. This makes it difficult to fall asleep and have a good rest. Pay attention to:
– Keep a routine of sleep.
– Reduce the consumption of coffee, tobacco and alcohol, Not only do symptoms worsen, they are also harmful to health.
– Performs moderate physical activity.
East is a disorder what it makes you stop breathing a few seconds while you sleep. As a result, you wake up several times during the night, and even if you do not, from involuntary way you do not complete the phases of sleep and you do not rest well.
If you identify with any of these problems, it would be best if you consult with your doctor to indicate the best treatment. So you can recover good rest.
Important: it should be clarified that Bioguia does not give medical advice or prescribe the use of techniques as a form of treatment for physical or mental problems without the advice of a doctor, either directly or indirectly. In the case of applying for this purpose any information on this site, Bioguia does not assume responsibility for these acts. The intention of the site is only to offer information of a general nature to help in the search of development and personal growth.