Delicious homemade sesame bread recipe
Sesame bread is a rare food, but it has more health benefits than traditional bread versions. It is a product that can provide essential nutrients to the athlete's diet, and also to children or adolescents. Of course, in the same way that it happens with white bread, it should not be used to accompany meals.
It should be noted that the seeds have a high nutritional density. Its consumption is increasing more and more, especially due to its lipid profile. In addition, they contain essential micronutrients that guarantee the proper functioning of the body's systems. Do you dare to try this recipe at home?
Sesame bread benefits
Let's start by talking about the health benefits of sesame bread, as well as the position of science on it. Keep in mind that it is essential to introduce it in the context of a balanced diet.
Helps to take care of health
Sesame bread has a large amount of antioxidants. Among them, vitamin E stands out, an element capable of contributing to the prevention of chronic diseases, as evidenced by research published in the journal International Journal of Molecular Sciences.
This element neutralizes the formation of free radicals, whose accumulation in the tissues generates an inflammatory state that is harmful to the body and increases the risk of mutations in the transmission of genetic material.
To know more: What are antioxidants and what are they for?
Improves lipid profile
Sesame seeds stand out for their content of unsaturated fatty acids. Among these, the lipids of the omega 3 series stand out, which generate a positive impact on the lipid profile of the body.
In addition, as explained by an investigation published in International Journal of Molecular Sciences, protect against the development of cardiovascular pathologies.
Do not forget that bread is a product with a high carbohydrate content. These nutrients are the energy substrate for carrying out high intensity or strength activities.
They can even contribute to recovery after exercise, since their consumption has been shown to help the resynthesis of muscle and liver glycogen once the exercise is finished.
You may also be interested in: Diet for athletes with diabetes
Sesame bread recipe
Sesame bread is a nutritious option to improve the quality of your diet. According to data published in Pharmacognosy Reviews, it is a source of protein, vitamin B1, and dietary fiber. It also provides minerals such as phosphorus, iron, magnesium, calcium and zinc. Find out how to make the recipe at home. Take aim!
- 180 milliliters of warm water.
- 12 grams of fresh yeast for bread.
- 350 grams of strength flour.
- 40 milliliters of extra virgin olive oil.
- Sesame seeds.
Step by Step
- The first step is to dilute the yeast in 100 milliliters of warm water, until it is almost completely dissolved.
- Then, mix the flour in a bowl (it is convenient to sift it first), the remaining water, the diluted yeast, the oil and one or two teaspoons of salt. It will be kneaded until an elastic, homogeneous and smooth result is obtained.
- After about 10 or 15 minutes of mixing, it is advisable to cover the bowl with a cloth, and store the container in a warm, dark place to promote fermentation. It must remain in this state for at least 1 hour, although it is possible to leave it longer for it to grow.
- Once the dough has rested, the bread is kneaded again on a smooth surface, to which previously flour has been added. It is time to give it an oval loaf shape.
- Now the dough is ready to go into the oven, but something important has to be done first. The element is placed on a baking tray, and covered again with a cloth, to let it rest for another hour in a warm place.
- When the time has passed, the surface of the dough is painted with water and the sesame is sprinkled on top.
- Put the bread in the oven for 30 minutes at 200ºC. It is important that it has been preheated.
- After this time, the bread should have its optimal color and an inner fluffiness. It will be ready for consumption.
Make sesame seed bread
As you have seen, it is not difficult at all to prepare bread with sesame seeds. Of course, it requires enough time, since the dough has to rest on two different occasions.
It is important to take this process slowly, as haste can negatively impact the final result. It should be noted that the more it is kneaded, the better the fluffiness of the food.
Remember that although bread can be included in the context of a healthy diet, this is not the best high carbohydrate food. Flours always have a significant degree of refinement, which has an impact on blood sugar levels.
The ideal is to consume bread on time, and before or after exercising. This way, all its nutritional value is used.
Chia seed bread is a food that stands out for its content of carbohydrates and omega 3 fats, as well as vitamins A and C. Read more "