Colombian chicken rice: healthy, rich and economical recipe
We are going to show you how to prepare an exquisite Colombian rice with chicken at home to ensure an excellent supply of proteins of high biological value.
Preparing an exquisite Colombian rice with chicken is very simple. It is a recipe capable of providing a significant amount of essential nutrients, essential elements to ensure the proper functioning of the human body.
Before starting, it is key to emphasize that to achieve a healthy diet, it is necessary to ensure that it is balanced and varied. It is always advisable to equate the number of calories that are ingested to those that are spent during daily activities.
Colombian chicken rice recipe
Colombian chicken and rice is a dish that cannot be missed in special celebrations. In addition, it includes protein of animal origin, vegetables and carbohydrates, so It is considered to be very complete and healthy..
Next, we are going to tell you how you can prepare it at home and discover a lot of this Latin American country in each spoonful.
If you want to prepare a delicious Colombian rice with chicken, you will need the following products:
- 4 chicken breasts, cooked and cut into small pieces
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 large bell peppers, chopped: 1 red, 1 yellow, and 1 green
- 1 garlic clove crushed
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 3 cups of rice
- 5 cups of water
- 2 cups of mixed vegetables in small pieces
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 1 envelope of seasoning with saffron
- Salt to taste
Step by Step
- To start, place the oil in a large pot over low heat.
- Next, sauté the finely chopped peppers together with the garlic and onion. It is important to stir to avoid burning or sticking, thus achieving a final golden color.
- Add the 3 cups of rice and continue mixing.
- To continue, pour the water together with the chopped vegetables.
- Also add the chicken, the bouillon cube and the seasoning sachet.
- Salt to taste, stir a little and cook over medium heat for about 15 minutes.
- Over time, the rice should absorb all the water, leaving a dry result.
- Then, cover the pot and continue cooking for 10 minutes on a very low heat to achieve a perfect grain texture.
Benefits of Colombian chicken and rice
The Colombian chicken and rice recipe can generate several health benefits if it is included in the context of a varied and balanced diet. It is necessary to avoid deficiencies of essential nutrients. Otherwise, the body will not function properly.
First of all, this dish is a source of protein of high biological value. These nutrients have all the essential amino acids and have a good score in terms of digestibility.
Proteins are necessary to ensure that muscles are in a functional state over time. Thus, pathologies such as sarcopenia can be prevented, according to a study published in the journal NutritionResearch.
On the other hand, it is a preparation that also has complex type carbohydrates inside. These elements represent the energy substrate for carrying out high-intensity activities.
Also, carbohydrates are key in recovery processes. In fact, it has been shown that when given post-workout along with a significant portion of protein, very efficient glycogen replenishment occurs.
Nor should we forget that this dish shows a high content of products of plant origin. These foods concentrate phytochemicals with antioxidant capacity inside.
These elements neutralize the formation of free radicals and their subsequent accumulation in the body’s tissues. Thanks to this effect, the risk of developing complex pathologies is reduced, as confirmed by research published in European Journal of Medicinal Chemistry.
Prepare Colombian chicken rice at home
As you have seen, It is very easy to prepare Colombian chicken and rice at home. This recipe can be included in the context of a healthy diet, although it is also specially designed for athletes.
Athletes will greatly benefit from the intake of this class of elaborations that provide quality complex carbohydrates and proteins of high biological value. Thus, the recovery processes after an effort are improved.
You might be interested…