HomeHealthApple cider vinegar: what are its main uses for health and home
Apple cider vinegar: what are its main uses for health and home
January 26, 2021
Today, the consumption of natural products has increased considerably. This is mainly due to the fact that they provide many benefits to people's health and also, they can be used at home. He Apple vinager It is one of the most used products, since it serves to prevent and treat various diseases. Besides, it can be used to keep every corner of the house clean. Know its main uses in health and home.
Apple cider vinegar What is it?
It is a liquid product that originates through a fermentation process. In more specific words, it is produced by the acetic and alcoholic fermentation of the sugars found in the extract of ripe apples. The process is simple, the yeasts transform the sugars into alcohol, this is known as alcoholic fermentation. Next, the acetobacter bacteria convert said alcohol into acetic acid, this process is called acetic fermentation.
Apple cider vinegar; Also known as apple cider, it is a product full of benefits. Its main uses in health and home make this product an element that cannot be missing at home. It contains a large number of properties that help prevent and treat many conditions. In addition, it can be used to clean and disinfect the interior and exterior of any home. As if that were not enough, it is also often used in the preparation of a wide variety of meals.
One of its many advantages is that it can be found in any store or supermarket. It is even possible to prepare it at home without any complications. Many people have already included this natural product in their daily diet, to do deep cleaning at home and to cure diseases.
How to prepare apple cider vinegar at home?
Some people prefer to buy this product already made, but they should know that it can be make apple cider vinegar at home. The steps are quite simple and best of all, it does not require the purchase of additional ingredients. The important thing here are the apples and the fermentation process, which is as follows:
– To start with, you need at least two large apples. It is not recommended to use a lot of apples as it would only be a waste. It is very important to wash these fruits very well, remove the skin and also the seeds and then cut them into small pieces.
– The next thing will be to place the chopped fruit in a blender and then add some water to delay its degeneration. It is advisable to add an amount of water that reaches at least half of the chopped fruit.
– It is important to liquefy the pieces of apples that are completely ground.
– The juice obtained must be placed in a glass bottle, which must be covered very well and stored in a place at room temperature. That is, it does not exceed 30 ° and does not fall below 18 °, this for at least four or six weeks approximately.
– Before covering the bottle, it is very essential that the mixture obtained does not completely fill said container. In this way, the fermentation process can be carried out without any kind of inconvenience.
– Once the indicated time has elapsed, the contents of the bottle are filtered and placed in another of the same material but darker and it is ready to use. With this, the process of homemade apple cider vinegar is finished.
Apple cider vinegar How to use it at home?
Apple cider vinegar is a natural multipurpose product, but how can it be implemented in the home?
Apart from improving people's health, another of the uses of apple cider vinegar is to clean and disinfect surfaces. Today, it is common to use it to clean windows and even kitchen utensils. This is because it can remove dirt very easily and it is also antibacterial. What makes this product a very important component in home cleaning. To increase its effectiveness, it is advisable to dilute it in a little warm water.
Eliminate fleas on pets
This product is ideal to repel fleas on pets and also inside the home. It is advisable to add a tablespoon of this product in the water that will be used to bathe the pet. Despite being effective for these situations, adding too much vinegar is not recommended, as it could cause irritation to the pet's skin. After bathing the animal, it is essential to carry out a deep cleaning to completely eliminate fleas from the house.
It also serves to repel mosquitoes and other insects, you just have to mix this product with water and place it in a spray bottle. In this way, annoying mosquito bites can be avoided.
[You may also be interested in: 7 uses of apple cider vinegar that you did not know]
What are the health benefits of apple cider vinegar?
The benefits of apple cider vinegar They are known in many parts of the world, especially for the care of the body. In fact, it has become popular to drink apple cider vinegar on an empty stomach to prevent disease and help lose weight. Some of the most important benefits of this product are the following:
Helps prevent multiple digestive conditions
Ingesting apple cider vinegar diluted with water is beneficial to improve the functioning of the digestive system. It also helps prevent various problems such as constipation, gas, spasms, etc. In addition, it controls the production of stomach acids and reduces stomach pain.
Facilitates weight loss
Today, a large number of people use the apple cider vinegar for weight loss. In fact, in some eating plans like the ketogenic diet, it is an essential element. This product contains pectin, which is a soluble fiber that helps to generate satiety, thus avoiding overeating. In addition, the polyphenics and acids in apple cider delay the absorption of carbohydrates, helping to lose weight.
Regulates blood sugar
Eating a balanced diet is important when it comes to improving health and adding a little of this vinegar is ideal. Since it allows to regulate blood sugar levels and thus avoid the appearance of multiple diseases that can be very risky for some people.
Helps avoid risk of cardiovascular diseases
Another of the benefits of consuming apple cider vinegar, is that it helps lower triglycerides and bad cholesterol. This reduces the risk of heart diseases such as atherosclerosis or heart attack. It also regulates blood pressure thanks to the antioxidant effects of polyphenols.
The antimicrobial properties of this product prevent the development of a large number of fungi. Candida albicans, staphylococcus, and escherichia coli are just some of the bacteria and fungi that can be eliminated with the help of apple cider vinegar.
Helps fight acne problems
The composition of this liquid is perfect for fighting Cutibacterium acnes, the bacteria that cause acne. However, its direct application on the skin is not recommended, as it causes burns. In this case, it is best to mix a tablespoon of this product with a little water and then apply it to the affected area.
Strengthens the liver
A large part of the acids contained in apple cider vinegar favor the correct functioning of this important organ. This is because it considerably reduces the fat that accumulates in it, helping to prevent hepatic steatosis.
Delay the aging process
The antioxidant properties of apple cider are ideal for counteracting the effects of free radicals. Its consumption delays the aging process and helps to considerably improve the appearance of the skin. Those responsible for this benefit are the polyphenols contained in this product.
Apple cider vinegar contraindications
Although consuming apple cider vinegar is beneficial in many ways, it is important to take certain precautions. Since using it excessively can cause some side effects. The contraindications of apple cider vinegar are as follows:
– Drinking it in excess can cause irritation and other discomfort in the stomach. Problems during the digestion process and esophageal injuries are some of these.
– In some people it causes vomiting and nausea.
– Taking too much can cause throat burns.
– Tooth enamel can be damaged by excessive consumption of this product.
– It is not recommended for people suffering from type I diabetes, as it causes a delay in the gastric emptying process.
– Decreases potassium levels and in some cases, causes loss of bone structure.
– Its incorrect use can cause serious burns to the skin.
To take advantage of the benefits of apple cider vinegar, it is best not to exceed the quantities. The recommended dose is one or two tablespoons and it is recommended to dilute this product in a little water.