The coriander is a aromatic spice, native of Asia, popular and essential in many cuisines to intensify the flavor of the dishes. However, this plant of the parsley family, has great medicinal properties unknown to many. Today we explain some of its benefits and why you should introduce it in your day to day.
1. The coriander It is a fundamental ally against diabetes. Take it, it's useful for regulate glucose levels in blood, which can decrease it up to 15% in patients with diabetes.
2. It contains ideal carminative properties for the prevention and elimination of gases and to combat Stomach problems, as well as abdominal swelling and stomach heaviness.
3. Like other plants of your species, it is perfect to eliminate bad breath as it cleanses the mouth of the toxins that cause the smell. You can do a mouthwash adding cilantro branches in boiling water. Once hot, strain and let cool.
4. It is a potent anti-inflammatory and analgesic, which helps both reduce inflammation of the joints, and to combat the pain in them in people with rheumatoid arthritis.
5. In addition to its medicinal properties, it also has a powerful diuretic effect helping to prevent fluid retention and eliminate toxins. Its intake favors the body to be satiated more frequently.
6. This plant is a great ally against the flu. In addition to containing properties antibacterial, contains vitamins A and C. Therefore, an infusion of coriander It is the best option when you begin to feel the first symptoms.
7. In people with high cholesterol, the coriander can help reduce blood levels of bad cholesterol (LDL) and increase good (HDL), according to studies of the Benemérita Autonomous University of Puebla (UAP), Mexico. Therefore, drinking tea infusions of cilantro is beneficial to lower it.
8. This spice, in addition, can contribute in the regulation of menstruation and to deal with the symptoms themselves in perimenopause such as migraine, back pain or joint pain, thanks to its multiple anti-inflammatory properties.