6 tips for washing delicate clothes
The use of the washing machine has become so common that the idea of washing clothes by hand is almost no longer conceived. However, we all know that it is not the same Jean than silk clothes. On this occasion we will share with you some tips to wash delicate clothes and keep them in perfect condition.
Nowadays, the washing machines offer various cleaning programs that treat the garments according to your needs. From the duration of the same to the spin speed, you can choose the one that helps us to better preserve the fabrics.
We are going to review some very simple tips to apply so that your garments are impeccable and retain their finesse.
Tips for washing delicate clothes
It is important to take special care when washing your delicate garments, otherwise you could ruin them in the first wash. It should be clarified that not all fine clothes require the same care when washing. That is, it will depend on many factors, such as the type of fabric, the kind of product, and cleaning techniques.
You may be interested: How to remove mold from the washing machine in a natural way?
1. Type of fabric
It is essential to know the type of fabric of the garment that you are going to wash. Whether silk, synthetic or cotton, each of them requires different approaches. To do this, check the labels, as there you will find all the information you need to know before washing the garment.
In general, the label says the composition of the fabric and the washing recommendations: if it is by hand or machine, the ideal temperature, the allowed products, the ironing. Follow those directions to the letter.
2. Machine wash
If the garments are machine washed, we recommend taking the following precautions:
- Fasten buttons and closing zippers to prevent them from snagging together and damaging tissues.
- Wash them inside out so the fabrics don't wear out so much.
- Not loading the washing machine to its maximum capacitybut only a third. In this way, the water and soap will be able to impregnate well and the washing will be more efficient.
- Choose a short wash program, with cold water and, if possible, without spinning.
- Use special machine wash bags for delicate clothes. These are mesh-type cloth covers that allow water and detergent to pass through. The good thing about these bags is that they prevent friction between the garments and their deterioration.
3. Hand wash for delicate clothes
Although it may seem like an antique to you, there are still those who prefer to wash their delicate clothes by hand. Actually, it is very simple and fast. Follow this step by step:
- Soak the garments in plenty of cold water with a little detergent. It is not necessary to place a large number of products.
- Remove possible stains by rubbing gently.
- Rinse clothes with cold water until no soap residue remains.
- Do not twist the clothes; Rather, put them on a towel to absorb the excess water.
- Let dry in the sun on the wrong sideas long as the label does not specify otherwise.
4. Cleaning products
There are some detergents that are special for delicate fabrics. In this sense, we suggest you opt for a liquid and neutral soap. Fabric softeners are not recommended because they do not have a good effect on textile fibers.
The secret is to add a cap of white vinegar. You will see how soft your clothes are without any smell.
You may be interested: How to use white vinegar in home cleaning
Drying delicate items is just as important as washing. On the one hand, the heat from the dryer could damage the fabric. On the other hand, if we tend them wet there is a risk that they will deform or that the marks of the tweezers remain. The best way is to place them in a horizontal position on a towel.
6. Ironing delicate clothes
The theory is that the iron does not go well with clothes with delicate fibers. However, If it is a garment that requires ironing, you should do it at a very low temperature. Run the iron quickly and you could use a thin cotton cloth between the garment and the tool.
Follow these tips to wash delicate clothes
We believe that washing your delicate garments can be a very easy and effective task if you follow the advice that we present. In the case of baby and intimate clothes we recommend using hypoallergenic and neutral products. This way you will avoid allergic reactions.
We hope that your outfits will be as good as new after washing and that you can keep them intact for a long time.
Removing nail polish stains doesn't have to be a headache, learn some simple and effective tricks! Read more "