If you have frizzy, dull hair with split ends, you may need to treat dry hair naturally. Most conditioners offer a beautiful result that is not always durable and, in addition, They contain chemical ingredients that can harm the hair in the long term.
Discover in this article 5 hair treatments to treat dry hair naturally. With some natural ingredients such as yogurt, honey or oil we will get a hydrated and shiny mane.
5 hair treatments to treat dry hair naturally
1. Yogurt and honey
Dairy derivatives are an excellent option to treat dry hair naturally. Yogurt in particular is rich in B vitamins and minerals such as zinc, magnesium and calcium, which nourish the scalp from the root.
Honey is a common ingredient in home cosmetics thanks to its rich in vitamins, minerals and enzymes, as well as its moisturizing properties. In addition, it has the virtue of hydrating without oiling excessively, since it does not contain oils. Therefore, it is beneficial for all types of hair.
- Mix a yogurt with a spoonful of honey, apply on dry hair.
- Leave on for 30 minutes and wash with shampoo.
Because of its high content of vitamins and minerals, yogurt is one of the best natural treatments for dry hair.
Mayonnaise in the hair? It may surprise you or maybe you have already heard about this home remedy to moisturize hair. Both egg and oil are two very beneficial ingredients to treat dry hair naturally.
The egg, rich in fats and proteins, is a great moisturizer. Instead, Olive oil is very nutritious and helps prevent split ends. In addition, it contains vitamin E, which has antioxidant properties.
- You can use the mayonnaise that you have already made. Avoid processed mayonnaises that include additives.
- If we use a mayonnaise containing egg white we should always wash our hair with warm water. In case of heating it could leave us remains of the clear solidified in the mane.
- If the smell of eggs bothers us we can add a few drops of some essential oil, for example lavender or rosemary.
Also read 4 homemade mayonnaise recipes that you will like to try
3. Coconut oil and aloe vera
Coconut oil has proven its benefits for hair health in different studies. The lauric acid it contains has a great affinity with the hair structure, so that it can penetrate it and prevent damaged hair.
For its part, aloe vera is rich in vitamins, minerals, amino acids, enzymes and antioxidants. In addition to maintaining natural hair hydration, also it protects you from the damage of sun exposure. And it's also a natural alternative to styling gels.
- Mix both ingredients in equal parts and emulsify until they are well integrated.
- Apply and leave on all night. In the morning, wash the hair.
Read also: How to prepare your own coconut oil at home
4. Avocado and banana to treat dry hair naturally
In this case we propose to combine two fruits that, when ripe, are rich in nutrients to nourish our hair. Both provide softness and shine, in addition to nourishing the hair follicle.
Avocado is rich in vitamins A, B, C, E, and K, as well as a variety of minerals. In contrast, the banana contains vitamins A, C, E, and minerals such as potassium and zinc.
- Beat a banana with half an avocado and spread it all over the hair.
- Leave on for half an hour and wash with shampoo.
Avocado is one of the best natural products for hair health. Provides healthy fats and vitamin E.
5. Olive oil and lemon juice
Finally, two ingredients that, combined, make the perfect mix for our mane. Olive oil deeply nourishes and repairs damaged hair. At the same time, Lemon adds shine and balances the excess fat of olive oil. This treatment is very antioxidant and restorative.
- Mix 3 tablespoons of olive oil with the juice of a lemon.
- The drier we have the hair, the more oil we will add.
- Apply all over the hair and leave on for 1 hour or overnight if possible.
Now you know 5 home treatments to treat dry hair naturally. Surely at home you already have some of these ingredients so used in natural cosmetics. And, if not, get them because they will be very beneficial also for the skin and body.