5 cold soups of vegetables that you should include in your diet
Cold vegetable soups are satisfying recipes that you can incorporate into your regular diet. Although its preparation is traditional during the summer season, they can be enjoyed at any time. In fact, It is a good complement for those diets whose goal is to lose weight.
How do they prepare at home? As you might guess, there is no single recipe. Due to the variety of vegetables that we can find, There are many ways to prepare them by combining different flavors. Today we want to share 5 good options so do not hesitate to try them.
Cold vegetable soups that you can prepare at home
When you need to hydrate or add an “extra” of nutrients in your regular diet you can choose to prepare delicious cold vegetable soups. These recipes combine organic ingredients, with high nutritional value, that rehydrate and remineralize the body, increasing well-being.
Its advantage over other types of dishes is that they are very light in calories and can be added without remorse in the diet. They even support the weight loss process, its nutrients increase the energy level, optimize the functions of the metabolism and prolong the feeling of satiety.
1. Chickpea cold soup with green beans
One of the cold vegetable soups that we want to share with you is the one made from legumes such as chickpeas and green beans. Both vegetables are low in calories, but They are a source of healthy nutrients such as carbohydrates, proteins and vitamins and minerals.
- ½ pot of chickpeas (200 g)
- 1 large glass of water (200 ml)
- 1 can of green beans (220g)
- Extra virgin olive oil and salt (necessary)
- Vinegar and ground black pepper (to taste)
- To start, drain and chop the chickpeas with cold water and a dash of oil.
- Next, put them to the point of salt, pepper and a little vinegar. Reserve in the refrigerator.
- Next, drain the green beans and cut them into several pieces.
- Then, serve the cold chickpea soup and sprinkle over the chopped vegetables.
- If you consider it necessary, add more salt, oil, vinegar and pepper.
2. Tomato soup with nuts
The tomato is one of the favorite ingredients when preparing cold vegetable soups. It is very versatile and its flavor combines perfectly with other vegetables and spices. Of course, like other vegetables, it is low in calories and provides important essential nutrients.
- 6 large tomatoes (500 g)
- ½ red pepper
- ¼ of medium leek
- ½ apple golden
- 1 small bunch of cilantro (about 50 g)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- A handful of peeled walnuts
- First, crush the nuts in a processor until you get a fine powder.
- Then, pour the pepper, the leek and the apple. Continue beating.
- Next, add the tomatoes in quarters and the other ingredients.
- Finally, process until you get a smooth cream without lumps.
- Cool it in the refrigerator and consume it.
3. Cold vegetable soups: traditional ajoblanco
Ajoblanco is one of the traditional cold soups in Andalusian cuisine. It consists of bread, ground almonds, garlic, water, salt and oil. It is often accompanied with pieces of melon or grapes, however, each can choose with what complement. Do you want to try it?
- 1 cup of peeled almonds (200 g)
- Hard bread without rind (100 g)
- 4 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 4 cups of water (1 liter)
- 1 glass of olive oil (200 ml)
- 2 tablespoons of sherry vinegar (40 ml)
- Salt to taste
- First, put the bread in cold water and let soak for 10 minutes. Then, drain it and reserve it.
- Subsequently, spread the almonds in a pan and let them sit a few minutes until they look more or less golden. Set aside 20 grams as garnish.
- Add the drained bread and the toasted almonds in the blender jar.
- Add a little water and beat for a few minutes until everything is well ground.
- Then slowly add more water and then garlic, oil and vinegar.
- Beat well until you get the desired texture.
- Let the soup cool for about two hours in the refrigerator and serve it in bowls garnished with the almonds you reserved.
4. Raw vegan watermelon soup
If you take a vegan diet or just want a light calorie dinner, this raw watermelon soup is an excellent option that also helps reduce appetite. Inclusive, you can choose to enjoy it at the time of the snack or when you fancy something refreshing.
- 3 cups of watermelon (600 g)
- 2 cups diced mango (400 g)
- Lime juice (to taste)
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh mint (60 g)
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger (3.5 g)
- Agave honey (optional)
- To begin, add the mango and watermelon in the blender jar.
- Subsequently, process a couple of minutes until everything is well integrated.
- Then, mix the lime juice, the minced mint, the ginger and the agave separately.
- Incorporate everything in the mixture of watermelon and mango and keep beating.
- When you get a creamy soup, take it to the refrigerator for a couple of hours.
- Finally, serve it cold and garnished with mint leaves.
5. Cold cucumber and avocado soup
In the list of cold vegetable soups we find a very special one: the one made with cucumber and avocado. Its ingredients are refreshing and low in calories. Further, contains antioxidants, amino acids, healthy fats and essential minerals good for your health,
- 3 ripe avocados
- 3 cucumbers
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 6 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil (120 ml)
- Juice of a lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- First, peel the cucumbers and cut them into several pieces.
- Also, extract the pulp from the avocados and cut them into small cubes.
- Add all the ingredients in the container you are going to use to crush the cream.
- Then add a crushed or crushed garlic, olive oil and lemon juice.
- Season to taste and process all the ingredients with a blender until a thick and homogeneous cream is obtained.
- Take the soup to the refrigerator and let it cool for a couple of hours.
- Finally, serve in containers decorating with small pieces of avocado.
Do you want to take care of yourself and enjoy a healthy and refreshing dish? Be sure to try these delicious cold vegetable soups. As you can see, They are easy to prepare and will not take much time.