4 types of beds to have the ideal bedroom
Beds are furniture used to sleep. We all have one, whether shared or individual. Regardless of the types of beds, we need them for rest and other activities.
Ideally, for style, decoration, need and space is that you choose the right one for you. But there is as much variety as you can imagine. That complicates the decision. To be satisfied, we give you several options depending on the classification you are looking for.
1. Types of beds by their dimensions
In this section there are only 3 types of beds. We must take into account the size we have available to be able to choose appropriately:
- Double or double with dimensions of 135-140 centimeters by 200 centimeters.
- Queen size 160 centimeters by 200 centimeters.
- King size 190 centimeters by 200 centimeters. This is the largest dimension.
Also read: 7 mistakes in the design of small bedrooms that take up a lot of space
2. By its structure
According to the structure we have the compact one, with storage and with a light structure. We describe each one.
Compact beds are the ones that make the most of space. These, in turn, are divided into several subtypes:
- Hidden: the legs are not visible. Is it so hidden in a solid structure known as bed base, which is where the mattress goes.
- Bunk beds: They are very usable beds because they are one on top of the other.
- Folding: these beds are usually deployed from the closet. They can be integrated into any room.
- Nest: They run parallel to the bunks and are underneath. They are deployable, so they can be used to save space.
- Half-height: it is an innovative structure. It is at a medium height, surrounded by 2 or 3 steps. Under the bed there is usually a space that can be used to put a desk or closet.
In this case, they have a storage system around their structure. There is not a gap between the mattress and the furniture itself. Instead, it can be used as a drawer.
Discover: Meet these incredible feet of bed, functional and decorative
The subtypes of this variety are the following:
- With legs: It is the most classic and simple style.
- Floating: they are anchored to the wall with the headboard or a small structure is put underneath to give the impression that it is floating.
- Forging: They are made of wrought iron. They are usually considered rustic and vintage. They are characterized by being resistant.
3. Canopy type
This is a historical structure. Canopy beds have four posts that rise over the corners and are attached with side bars.
The curtains or fabrics that are used to act as a ceiling and cover are the canopies. In ancient times they were the beds of the nobles, which served to keep warm and protect themselves from insects.
To have this type of bed you should consider a large room, a raised ceiling and the height of the other furniture. They can be made of many materials, such as wood or iron. You just have to choose to your liking.
4. Bed at ground level
Yes, these beds exist. Just a mattress, the sheet, the pillows and the blanket. However, to choose it you must take into account how complex it can be for the body to get up and what your bones can feel.
This style of beds can work from the creative 4 years to the exhausted 30. Not a good idea for those with low back pain.
Importance of the bed in the decoration of the room
The bed is more than the element of rest. Actually, it is the raison d'être of a room. The structure with the inseparable companion that is the mattress is what gives it the name of a bedroom.
But beyond that, the size, color, and material of the other furniture in the room revolve around the bed. We could say that it is the star between our four walls. The decoration of the bedroom should be relaxing and comfortable.
In addition to being the centerpiece of the decoration, the mattress will be the one that ensures maximum rest. ASOCAMA ensures that a new mattress can reduce back pain by 63%.
Remember also that, like everything else, mattresses wear out. Therefore, they must be changed every 8 or 10 years to prevent their components from damaging health and rest. According to Álvarez, 7% of sleep problems are the result of uncomfortable mattresses.
So, apart from being an important piece of decoration and what brings life to the bedroom, the bed is your support to rest and have a nice evening.
Balinese beds are the ideal decoration element for outdoors. In this article you will find why they are a trend. Read more "