After buying makeup, you want it to be always available. However, if you leave it for a while, you may not be in good condition when you use it again. Therefore, we suggest some tips to extend the life of your makeup.
It is normal for makeup to break down. This is because, normally, We do not take care when storing it: we leave it loose in the bag, in the bathroom … This can cause that, after having bought it even recently, when we go to use it it is not in good conditions.
On the other hand, you must be careful and keep in mind that makeup in poor condition can cause damage to your skin. Therefore, it is better to prevent than to cure, so take note of our tips to prolong the useful life of your makeup.
Expiration date and life of your makeup
Although we believe that no, cosmetics also have an expiration date that should not be exceeded.
First of all, you should keep in mind that Cosmetics and makeup also have an expiration date. Therefore, when buying them, keep in mind when they expire. In effect, the problem is not only that the pigments and the quality of the makeup diminish, but they can even cause problems such as rashes, itching or conjunctivitis.
Thus, for example, in moist products such as mascara, bacteria find an ideal environment to proliferate. Because, It is much better to rule out the use of expired makeup, even if we think it's okay.
We recommend you read: 10 utensils from your home that have an expiration date
Store it in the right place
Normally, we usually leave makeup where we put on makeup: in the bathroom. In addition, it is very normal that we throw it in the bag to have it available during the day.
However, if you read the label of your makeup, you will notice that it is advisable to keep it in a cool and dry place. Therefore, the bathroom is one of the less indicated places to store it.
Indeed, it is much better that we keep it somewhere else, like the bedroom, preferably closed in its container and following the recommendations of «cool and dry place», that is, far from moisture.
On the other hand, if we simply put it in your purse, we can cause it to end up accidentally opening. Thus, in addition to spoiling the bag and the rest of things that we have in it, the makeup will split or mix, spoiling. In this way, it is better to place it inside a makeup bag and separate from other things.
Hygiene in handling
Before using it, wash your hands to avoid contaminating the makeup and prolong its useful life.
So that the useful life of your makeup reaches its maximum, hygiene is essential when using it. In fact, if you do not maintain certain standards, it is possible that it is full of bacteria and spoils. Because:
- Never share makeup. If you do, use an individual applicator (swab, own brush, etc.)
- Use applicators (brushes, brushes, etc.) whenever you can. Further, renew and periodically wash these applicators
- Avoid using your hands. If you do, wash them first.
- Do not change the original container. Normally, the manufacturers use a type of container perfectly compatible with the makeup chemicals, so they are the best option to keep it in perfect condition.
We recommend you read: 5 makeup habits that could be harmful
Learn about the useful life of your makeup
Each product has its useful life. Following the above storage and hygiene tips, you can reach the maximum of its useful life:
- The bases, eye shadows and correctors They usually last about 2 years.
- The eyelash mask It is one of the most sensitive products. Therefore, it is recommended to use them in three or four months.
- On the other hand, the lipstick They can have a lifespan of around 3 years.
- Brushes and brushes. Obviously, the applicators do not have an expiration date. However, it is necessary to maintain certain hygiene guidelines and even disinfect them from time to time. It is recommended that you wash them with soap and water after each use. Then, let them dry well to prevent them from accumulating moisture.
In short, if you notice that your makeup breaks, smells bad, is dry or its consistency has been altered, it is better that you discard it. In fact, it is preferable to take into account certain factors when buying it (expiration date), when storing it and when applying it (hygiene), so that they can reach the maximum of their useful life.