Rice is a very versatile food since you can consume it in both hot and cold dishes. Further, It has important nutritional benefits. Do you want to add it to your diet? Here we show you how to prepare several rice salad recipes!
To prepare these recipes I recommend you use mainly brown rice, since it is the one that contributes greater nutritional properties. You can also use long rice for its texture and lightness, or basmati rice for its flavor and aroma.
Rice Salad Recipes
Before teaching you the delicious recipes with rice, we want to make a brief review of the benefits of eating this food. The properties of rice may vary depending on the type of rice.
Nutritional Properties of Rice
White rice is obtained through a process called bleaching, in which the husk and outer layers are extracted. Therefore, brown rice provides more fiber, vitamins and minerals. In addition, as a study published in the journal concludes Antioxidants, brown rice It contains certain bioactive phytochemical compounds that are associated with some important nutrigenomic implications.
- Great source of energy: It is a rich source of carbohydrates and, therefore, acts as a source of fuel for the body.
- High nutritional value: Brown rice is high in minerals such as calcium and iron, it is also rich in vitamins, such as niacin, thiamine and riboflavin.
- Control the occurrence of diseases: Brown rice acts as an antidiabetic. In addition, according to a study published in the scientific journal PLOS ONE, its fiber and antioxidant properties protect the heart, helping to control blood pressure and cholesterol.
Don't miss: How to make exquisite Korean rice or Bibimbap
1. Rice salad with figs and feta cheese
This rice salad with figs has a slight sweet taste that you will love. Also, doing it will not take much time.
See how good it looks in the rice salad recipe with figs and feta cheese, A simple and quick dish to make that you will repeat many times. But the best thing about this salad is its balance of ingredients, the sweet fruit, like fig, which is now in season.
Ingredients (For 4 servings)
- Long rice (320 g)
- Feta cheese (150 g)
- Spinach (80 g)
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (80ml)
- 1 tablespoon mustard (15 g)
- 1 tablespoon honey (15 g)
- 8 figs
- To start, boil a pot of water and cook the rice in it. Drain it and cool it under the tap with cold water.
- Next, cut the feta cheese into cubes and also the figs in quarters. Wash the spinach and drain well.
- Next, prepare the vinaigrette by mixing the olive oil, honey and mustard in a bowl with the help of some rods.
- Mix in a bowl with feta cheese, figs, vinaigrette and spinach leaves.
- Finally, distribute the salad in individual bowls and it will be ready.
2. Tacos of lettuce with rice, lentils and avocado
This recipe is ideal for making an easy, healthy and delicious snack for any occasion. You can include this vegetable dish in a daily or holiday menu, and your guests will be satisfied.
Ingredients (4 portions)
- Cooked Basmati Rice (140 g)
- Cooked lentils (140 g)
- Avocado (100 g)
- 2 piquillo peppers
- 1/4 scallion (optional)
- 2 lettuce buds
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil (20 ml)
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar (20 ml)
- Sesame seeds
- First, we boiled rice and lentils in advance. You can buy lentils from cooked pot. Put them in a bowl
- Next, peel and chop the avocado into small cubes. In addition, drain the piquillo peppers and cut them also in not very large squares. Peel and chop the onion in brunoise and add all the ingredients to the bowl.
- Then wash the leaves of the lettuce buds and drain them well. Prepare a classic vinaigrette with extra virgin olive oil, vinegar and salt, season the bud filling and proceed to fill the leaves.
- Finally, place the stuffed lettuce leaves on the plates and decorate them with sesame seeds.
You may be interested: Marinated rice with spinach cream
3. Smoked rice salad
In addition to the nutrients provided by rice, this recipe offers the interesting properties of smoked fish.
Smoked fish, such as salmon and cod, are ideal for enriching salads. On this occasion, we have chosen to include them in a rice salad that also incorporates some tasty roe of smoked herring.
Ingredients (4 portions)
- Brown rice (320 g)
- 3 large sweet and sour pickles
- 8 radishes
- 1 peach
- 1 small bunch of fresh chives
- 8 slices of smoked salmon
- 8 slices of smoked cod
- 4 tablespoons smoked herring roe
- Freshly grated lime skin
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (80 ml)
- A dash of soy sauce (optional)
- As in the previous recipes we first cook the rice and chill it.
- Subsequently, chop the pickles in small cubes, wash the radishes, remove the two ends and chop them too. Peel the peach, remove it and cut it in the same way as the previous ingredients. Chop the fine chives, and put all these ingredients in a bowl, next to the cold cooked rice, to mix it well.
- Prepare the dressing with olive oil, soy sauce and lime, mix all the ingredients and beat until emulsified.
- To finish, make a few cylinders with slices of salmon and smoked cod, place them on the rice and spread the herring roe on top.
Are you looking for a different way to include rice in your diet? You are sure to love these three rice salad recipes, rich and fresh for hot days!