3 remedies with probiotics to improve digestion
Our diet should include daily foods that favor a healthy intestinal microbiota. In that sense, there are remedies with probiotics, that is, rich in living microorganisms that improve our digestive system and our health in general.
In this article we share 3 remedies with probiotics that will help you improve your digestion. They are foods that they require different fermentation processes, so we tell you how to do them step by step.
What are probiotics?
Probiotic foods are those that are formed by live microorganisms and that when they are consumed they remain active in our intestine, favoring the microbiota. In this way, they are essential for a good digestion but also for health in general.
If we want to consume remedies with probiotics we should go to fermented foods. And the best option is to make them at home, since some of those marketed have been subjected to processes such as pasteurization. This would cause the probiotics to be eliminated from the food.
Below we propose some of the most popular and beneficial probiotic remedies. In addition, there are for all tastes, based on dairy, fruits and vegetables. Keep reading!
Read also 5 ways to recover the microbiota if you consume antibiotics
Remedies with probiotics
Kefir is a beverage that uses lactic microorganisms to ferment.
Yogurt, a food so popular around the world, contains probiotics naturally, since is made by a fermentation process. However, when it is pasteurized it loses the beneficial bacteria.
Therefore, if we can not choose natural yogurt, we can resort to kefir. This dairy is made homemade thanks to a bacterial rennet that feeds on milk lactose. We just need to add a little of these kefir nodules that, over time, will grow in the drink.
- 1 cup of fresh milk (250 ml)
- 2 tablespoons of kefir nodules (20 g)
- To get started, introduce the warm milk along with the kefir in a glass container. There should be a free space of at least two fingers, or we can also cover the container with a cloth to breathe.
- Then leave to ferment at room temperature for about 24 hours. The longer it is, the more acidic and thick it will be.
- After this time, strain the drink and repeat the process with the nodules. We can sweeten it with honey or brown sugar.
Read also Kefir consumption brings great benefits
2. Remedies with probiotics: Pineapple peel drink
Fermenting the pineapple peel with a sweetener, we will obtain a natural probiotic with interesting effects for our health.
If you like pineapple you should know that you can also take advantage of its shell for one of the most delicious probiotic remedies. We can put it to ferment with sugar and get a refreshing drink very healthy.
In some countries, there are recipes with this fruit to make alcoholic beverages and other variants. Next we propose a version for which we will use mainly the peel, very rich in enzymes.
- 1 large pineapple or 2 medium pineapple
- 1 cup of sugar (200 g)
- 4 cups of water (1 l)
- First, wash the pineapple well and peel it.
- Then, Introduce the peeling into a glass container along with the sugar and water.
- Close the bottle well, although we must open it twice a day.
- After, let ferment between 4 and 7 days. From the fourth day we can try it. If it is still sweet, we can let it ferment more if we want it.
- Finally, strain the drink and, if desired, sweeten to drink.
- It is recommended to drink cold.
3. Sauerkraut: a classic remedy with probiotics
This traditional method of preservation has proven to be a healthy probiotic food.
Finally, you can not miss one of the most famous fermented foods in central Europe, sauerkraut or fermented cabbage. With this technique, people were guaranteed to be able to eat vegetables throughout the year when there was no other way to keep them.
- 1 large and very fresh cabbage
- 1 tablespoon of salt (15 g) per kilo of cabbage
- To start, wash the cabbage and Remove any sheet that is not in good condition.
- Then, cut it all into very thin strips.
- Then, in the glass container that is large enough, we will gradually introduce the cabbage and salt to layers. In addition, we will crush everything inside the bottle so that the cabbage release the juice and so there are no air spaces.
- There should be some free space in the pot and the juice of the cabbage has to cover the mixture. This should be checked as the days pass to crush the cabbage if necessary.
- The sauerkraut will be ready in one or two months and, both cabbage and juice will be rich in probiotics.
Do you dare to try these remedies with probiotics? Its flavor is intense and delicious, and your daily consumption will help you to have the microbiota in perfect conditions, a guarantee of good health.