3 remedies with honey to treat flu naturally
In times of seasonal change, the risk of catching the flu increases. Therefore, we should all have some effective natural options at hand for the whole family. In this case, We share some remedies with honey to treat the flu.
Did you know that honey is a natural antibiotic? Thanks to this healing virtue, This food is an ancient remedy to strengthen the immune system and fight diseases. Therefore, we will detail some of these recipes.
Bee honey, a natural antibiotic
Bee honey is a very nutritious food that has shown to have very powerful healing effects to inhibit the influenza virus. This is very important to treat this disease, since antibiotics only fight bacteria, and not viruses.
In addition, this food is also antioxidant and anti-inflammatory, has prebiotic properties and improves cardiovascular functions. According to the type of honey and its floral and geographical origin they can vary their nutritional values and main properties.
However, in general we can say that this food is rich in vitamins, minerals, polyphenols, amino acids, proteins and enzymes, among other beneficial components for health.
Read also 5 wonderful benefits of natural honey
1. Honey with cinnamon
A combination of honey and cinnamon can help strengthen defenses to accelerate flu relief.
The first remedy with honey to treat the flu is very easy to prepare and also has a delicious taste. We just have to mix it with powdered ceylon cinnamon to get a creamy preparation that acts similarly to a syrup.
In this case, the properties of honey add to those of this cinnamon variety, which stands out for its antiviral, antibacterial and antifungal properties. Also, with this combination we managed to stimulate the organism and overcome the exhaustion that characterizes the flu.
- 4 tablespoons of ceylon cinnamon powder (60 g)
- 4 tablespoons of raw honey (80 g)
Development and take
- Mix both ingredients and keep them in a tightly closed bottle. If the honey is very hard we can heat it to the water bath.
- Take a spoonful every day fasting and, during the flu, a spoonful half an hour before each meal.
2. Garlics marinated in honey
The second of these remedies with honey to treat the flu is a maceration with raw garlic. Garlic, which contains allicin, is very powerful when it comes to fighting viruses, bacteria, fungi and parasites. In addition, it is beneficial to prevent cardiovascular diseases.
It is convenient to prepare this remedy to prevent the flu or to take it at the first symptoms. In this way We will strengthen our immune system, relieve symptoms and accelerate healing.
- 10 cloves of garlic (150 g)
- 7 spoons of honey (140 g)
Development and take
- To start, peel the cloves of garlic and cut them to slices.
- Then, introduce them in a jar together with the honey.
- Let this mixture marinate in a cool, dark place for a week.
- Take a teaspoon fasting or, if we have the flu, up to five teaspoons throughout the day if we do not have digestive discomfort.
Read also The 8 benefits that gives you a clove of garlic daily
3. Orange syrup, ginger and honey
A natural syrup with honey, orange and ginger can help soothe the typical symptoms of the flu. In addition, it strengthens the immune system.
Finally, we refer to a syrup that we can prepare ourselves at home in a simple and economical way.
In this case we provide the peeling of the orange, rich in vitamin C, which It helps in the respiratory affections and raises the defenses in general. In addition, we also add ginger, a spicy spice that gives a lot of heat to the body and helps in cases of fever.
- Peeling 2 organic oranges
- 1 teaspoon ginger powder (7 g) or a slice of fresh ginger (10 g)
- 6 tablespoons of honey (120 g)
- 2 cups water or orange juice (500 ml)
Development and take
- Boil the peel of the oranges and ginger together with the water for 30 minutes.
- Then add the honey and let boil 15 minutes more. Strain and let cool.
- Store in a jar in the refrigerator and take 3 tablespoons a day off meals during the flu.
Now you know these remedies with honey to treat the flu. In the same way, they also work as preventive treatments to raise the defenses. We must not forget that the best medicine is a good prevention.
Do you want to know some remedies with honey to treat the flu? We detail them in this article