Currently there is a wide variety of treatments with coconut oil to reduce scars. While there is no miraculous formula to erase these marks, the constant use of this type of products can help to reduce its appearance. Why is it effective?
Organic coconut oil contains fatty acids and micronutrients that, after assimilating on the skin, They help to repair the damages suffered by small injuries. It also has a great hydrating capacity and helps preserve collagen and elastin. Discover how to take advantage of it.
Homemade creams with coconut oil to reduce scars
For many years, coconut oil has been used to reduce scars naturally. In fact, its properties have been investigated and, as a result of this, Many companies began to include it as a base for their cosmetic products. In addition, this ingredient helps:
- Stimulate the production of collagen.
- Retain moisture from the skin.
- Soften the skin and reduce the accumulation of dead cells.
For its moisturizing and antioxidant properties, coconut oil can help reduce the appearance of scars.
According to a study that was carried out in 2010, Topical application of coconut oil over wounds can have a positive effect on the healing process. This is largely due to its content of vitamin E and antioxidants, which help repair the tissues.
On the other hand, a study conducted in 2019 determined that coconut oil helps protect skin cells from inflammation, which is key to understanding their action. Now, it should be clarified that it is not a miraculous product. To see results it is necessary to apply it constantly, supporting its use with healthy habits for the skin.
In any case, it is worth including it within the regular beauty routine, either through conventional products or using any of the following creams to reduce scars. Point!
Read also: Benefits of coconut oil in aesthetics
1. Cream with coconut oil and cocoa butter
The coconut oil combined with cocoa butter serves to replace the moisturizers. In addition, it keeps the skin firm and young.
To enhance the properties of coconut oil to reduce scars we propose a moisturizer with cocoa butter. Both ingredients are rich in antioxidants, whose absorption helps repair the skin.
- 3 tablespoons of coconut oil (45 g)
- 2 tablespoons of cocoa butter (30 g)
- To begin, introduce the ingredients in a saucepan and put them to melt in a bain-marie.
- When they are liquid, mix them well with the help of a wooden spoon.
- Subsequently, remove the fire preparation and insert it into a container.
- Once it solidifies, start applying it.
- Rub it on the scars every day, 2 times a day.
2. Cream with coconut oil and aloe vera
The moisturizing and repairing properties of aloe vera gel are also a great complement for creams with coconut oil. Its regular use not only diminishes the appearance of the scars, but also moisturizes the tissues and prevents wrinkles and sagging.
- ½ cup of aloe vera (125 ml)
- ½ cup of coconut oil (125 ml)
- 5 drops of rosehip oil
- 5 drops of olive oil (optional)
Discover: Wear a clean and soft skin with this exfoliating coconut oil and salt
- First, extract fresh gel from an aloe vera leaf.
- Next, place it in a deep bowl and mix it with the coconut oil until a homogeneous paste is obtained.
- Next, add the drops of rosehip oil and olive oil.
- Integrate everything very well and store it in an airtight jar.
- Use the cream every night before going to bed.
3. Cream of coconut oil and vitamin E to reduce scars
The cream of coconut oil and vitamin E has multiple functions in the care of the skin. It is worth using every day.
Many of the benefits of coconut oil for the skin are attributed to its vitamin E content. It is not at all strange that we can mitigate the scars if we prepare a cream with an extra vitamin E oil. In fact, you can use this product to hydrate your face.
- 3 tablespoons of coconut oil (45 g)
- 2 vitamin E capsules
- First, pour the coconut oil in a heat-resistant container and melt it in a bain-marie.
- Then, mix it with the contents of two vitamin E capsules.
- Let the cream rest until it solidifies.
- When ready, apply it on clean skin with gentle circular massages.
- Repeat its use every day to obtain good results.
Do you want to reduce the scars on your skin? Go ahead and try these natural creams! As you just noted, they are easy to prepare and you do not need expensive ingredients. The most important thing is to be consistent with its use.