2 vegetarian sausage recipes
We are going to show you how homemade vegetarian sausages can be made in two different ways, achieving a very healthy dish.
Preparing vegetarian sausages at home is much easier than you think. You will get a preparation that has nothing to do with the industrial versions, of low quality and with a large number of artificial additives. Compounds that could be harmful to health in the medium term, and it is advisable to reduce their presence in the diet.
Before starting, it is important to note that It is always preferable to prepare this type of food at home rather than resorting to ultra-processed products. There is nothing wrong with consuming them in a timely manner; but if it becomes routine, the state of health could be affected, even if they have the vegan seal.
Next, we are going to show you the main recipes for vegetarian sausages so that you can enjoy this dish at home. Thus, it will be possible to guarantee the variety in the diet, necessary to achieve adherence over time.
Vegetarian sausages with bell pepper
vegetarian sausages with bell pepper They are characterized by their vitamin C content. This nutrient has been shown to enhance immune function, so it is recommended that it be present in the guideline on a regular basis. It manages to reduce the incidence of infectious pathologies and improve the management of their symptoms, reducing their severity and duration.
Continue reading to know the ingredients that you will need and the step by step of the preparation.
The products that you will need to prepare your vegetarian sausages with pepper are the following:
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup baby mushrooms
- Half a bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 400 grams of beans or beans
- 100 grams of breadcrumbs
- 100 grams of grated cheese
- 1/2 tablespoon of chopped herbs
- 1 egg yolk
Step by Step
- Wash, peel and chop all the ingredients.
- Heat olive oil in a pan and fry the onion together with the mushrooms and peppers until tender.
- Crush the cooked legumes and mix the result with the vegetable sauce.
- Add the breadcrumbs, cheese and herbs.
- To finish, incorporate the yolk and work the dough so that it can be molded.
- Form the sausages with said elaboration.
- Pass the sausages through flour and place them on a greased plate.
- Put them in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Cook the sausages on the grill for 15 minutes until browned on all sides and that’s it.
Gluten-Free Vegetarian Sausage Recipe
Discover an alternative with more protein inside: vegetarian sausages with gluten. These nutrients are crucial to maintain muscle mass in a good state of functionality. If the daily requirements are not covered, sarcopenia could be generated in the medium term, as confirmed by research published in the journal NutritionResearch.
It is key to note that these sausages also contain a good amount of phytochemicals from vegetables and spices. These elements manage to neutralize the formation of free radicals and their subsequent accumulation in the body’s tissues. This effect reduces the incidence of chronic and complex pathologies, according to a study published in the journal European Journal of Medicinal Chemistry.
To prepare the recipe for vegetarian sausages with gluten, the following ingredients will be necessary:
- 2 and a half cups of wheat gluten
- 1 tablespoon chickpea flour
- 1 teaspoon of nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons onion powder
- One teaspoon of ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- One tablespoon of chopped oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups and a quarter of very cold water
- 4 cloves of garlic finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
Step by Step
- Combine all the dry ingredients in a bowl.
- At the same time, mix the water, the garlic, the olive oil and the soy sauce.
- Gradually incorporate the dry ingredients until you reach a manageable dough texture.
- Then, form cylinders and place them on a piece of aluminum foil, subsequently rolling.
- Present these packets on a baking sheet and cook them at 190 degrees Celsius for 20 minutes.
- Finish cooking the sausages, steamed, fried, grilled… however you feel like it.
Dare to prepare vegetarian sausages at home
As you have seen, it is easy to prepare vegetarian sausages at home without additives or unhealthy compounds inside. They are made from fresh and natural ingredients, thus achieving a result that can be included in the context of a balanced and varied diet without major problems. Thus, the spectrum of consumed dishes is increased and monotony is reduced, generating a great adherence.
You might be interested…